Maggers   01-02-2008, 03:09 PM
I didn't expect to see WALK HARD in the theater, it just worked out that way. I'll say up front this is a movie that can wait for DVD.

But what a strange film. It felt like a take off of a cross between WALK THE LINE and FOREST GUMP. In GUMP, Forest managed to touch on every major trend and meet every important person in the world (just about) over the course of decades. Dewey Cox manages to successfully sing every style of song known to man, befriend every major music star over the course of decades, father gazillions of kids, and seemingly make millions along the way.

I must tip my hat to John C. Reilly. The boy can SING and his comic timing is spot on. He gives a great performance. I laughed out loud a lot, so did the rest of the audience, though there weren't a lot of us in the theater. There are at least a hundred puns on "Cox" with pictures to match :eek: , and that was unexpected. The scenes concerning his many, assorted drug addictions are hysterical, as are his many and assorted rehabs.

Yet despite all the laughs and the good performances, something was lacking. I liked WALK HARD, but it's not a movie to run out and see. I think most of you will enjoy it a lot on DVD.
This post was last modified: 01-03-2008, 07:51 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   01-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Maggers Wrote:There are at least a hundred puns on "Cox" with pictures to match :eek:

I think I read somewhere that the soundtrack is titled "A Box of Cox".Big Grin