Pages (2):    1 2
Maggers   08-28-2005, 08:50 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:.....And did you know they removed the word gullible from the dictionary?
I read this, and don't you know my first thought was...Really?

Ye gads! I'm heading to Vegas tomorrow....wonder what this gullible girl wiil find there. :eek:

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   08-28-2005, 08:51 PM
I've seen parts of this show a couple of times. I like the way they critique everything. Sometimes they disprove the stories. Sometimes they are inconclusive. Have they yet found conclusive evidence of hauntings?

BTW what ever happened to that reality show (FEAR?) where they took contestants to supposedly haunted sites to perform tasks? That was a creepy show.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Sam   08-29-2005, 12:27 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I've seen parts of this show a couple of times. I like the way they critique everything. Sometimes they disprove the stories. Sometimes they are inconclusive. Have they yet found conclusive evidence of hauntings?

I think they won't be truly satisfied until they have a ghost on film. Some of the evidence they have is proof enough already. I've had my own experience in the past so I have no doubt that "ghosts" exist. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Sam   08-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Medusa Wrote:That show was pretty cool. We only watched one then it stopped coming on. I hear its back. We saw the one in the old prison.

That's the episode with the "running figure" on film. That was pretty neat.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Keith the Elder   08-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Sam Wrote:I think they won't be truly satisfied until they have a ghost on film. Some of the evidence they have is proof enough already. I've had my own experience in the past so I have no doubt that "ghosts" exist. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

I once read an atricle where ghost sightings in the UK were decreasing in number and attributed it to the ubiquity of cell phones causing too much electromagnetic interference for them to be seen.

I disagree. I believe that because people use cell phones so much, (I know people with Borg-Like earpieces who are always connected!) the part of our brain that would allow us to perceive these entities is atrophying. This will also prevent us from developing telepathic abilities as well.

Furthermore, when UFO abductees relate that the aliens communicated telepathicly, they are probably mistaken because the aliens evolution and technologic advances must have also developed this same sort of communications technology. Implants would be the next logical progression. That the abductees (sans implant) can understand the aliens would support the possibility of a plexus (if you will) that is sensitive to their transmissions.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:I once read an atricle where ghost sightings in the UK were decreasing in number and attributed it to the ubiquity of cell phones causing too much electromagnetic interference for them to be seen.

I disagree. I believe that because people use cell phones so much, (I know people with Borg-Like earpieces who are always connected!) the part of our brain that would allow us to perceive these entities is atrophying. This will also prevent us from developing telepathic abilities as well.

Furthermore, when UFO abductees relate that the aliens communicated telepathicly, they are probably mistaken because the aliens evolution and technologic advances must have also developed this same sort of communications technology. Implants would be the next logical progression. That the abductees (sans implant) can understand the aliens would support the possibility of a plexus (if you will) that is sensitive to their transmissions.

Interesting concept about UFO abductees, Keith, but trust the old bluesman when he assures you there are no =aliens.= The phenomenon comes from right here, our good old little blue world. "How?" you ask? To paraphrase Norman Spinrad, as I've done before on the board, "If I knew that, I'd be at home right now writing my Nobel Prize acceptance speech." :p
Sam   08-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:I once read an atricle where ghost sightings in the UK were decreasing in number and attributed it to the ubiquity of cell phones causing too much electromagnetic interference for them to be seen.

So, when you get those strange phone calls where noone seems to be on the other end, it's actually an alien with a cell phone that dialed the wrong number?? And do they also telepathically talk LOUD on a cell phone and annoy those around them who are sensitive to their communication?? Hmmm...I wonder what their ring tones sound like.

Keith the Elder   08-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Sam Wrote:Hmmm...I wonder what their ring tones sound like.

doh doh so me doh

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
xmradiodave   08-29-2005, 08:13 PM
AsMoral Wrote:http://oxalic.net/temp/classic_auto_1.mpeg

I hope you fall crotch-first onto a lightsaber!

[Image: logo2.jpg]

I put the laughter in manslaughter
Pages (2):    1 2