Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Scott Hajek   08-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Finally saw Daredevil. Will someone please help pay for my therapy? That was one awful movie. The costumes: bad. The stunts: bad. The plot: bad. The editing: bad. The logic: non-existent. The acting: so bad it's off the scale.

If Daredevil isn't Ben Affleck's worst movie, then I hope I never see his worst. I couldn't imagine worse torture.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Finally saw Daredevil. Will someone please help pay for my therapy? That was one awful movie. The costumes: bad. The stunts: bad. The plot: bad. The editing: bad. The logic: non-existent. The acting: so bad it's off the scale.

If Daredevil isn't Ben Affleck's worst movie, then I hope I never see his worst. I couldn't imagine worse torture.

Tell me about it, brother. And Daredevil is so great in the Marvel universe. Favorite scene--the Hulk is on a rampage. The FF and Avengers are out of town. Daredevil deals. One cop to another: "Daredevil is fighting the Hulk =alone=??" "That's why they call him the Man Without Fear."
Kenji   08-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Finally saw Daredevil. Will someone please help pay for my therapy? That was one awful movie. The costumes: bad. The stunts: bad. The plot: bad. The editing: bad. The logic: non-existent. The acting: so bad it's off the scale.

But it's better than Hulk(the movie). Wink
t4terrific   08-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Kenji Wrote:But it's better than Hulk(the movie). Wink

Don't you bet on it. Hulk sucked, but was watchable (once). Daredevil made me violently ill. I was like Kenny's dad, on Southpark, when Kenny accidentally gave him the abortion cocktail. :eek:
Medusa   08-22-2005, 10:05 PM

Actually I heard Gigli is his worst. Didn't even want to see it. I think Daredevil would've been so much better with someone else.
Scott Hajek   08-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Medusa Wrote:Actually I heard Gigli is his worst. Didn't even want to see it. I think Daredevil would've been so much better with someone else.

I've heard that Gigli is his worst move ever. If it is truly worse than Daredevil, I think that I'd rather throw myself off a building into a dumpster filled with rusty nails, broken glass and roadkill to avoid watching it.

I had to watch Daredevil all the way through to see if it was consistently bad or if it got better. Instead it got progressively worse until it felt like I threw myself off that building into that dumpster.

Bad, bad, bad. The makers of this movie should be tried in an international court for crimes against humanity.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Scott Hajek   08-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Kenji Wrote:But it's better than Hulk(the movie). Wink

I liked Hulk except for the ending with his dad. That part just didn't make sense. The rest of the movie was pretty good. At least the acting was decent, the costumes were ok and the special effects were good. The ending was bad, but unlike Daredevil, the rest of the movie was tolerable.

Scott Hajek

Keith the Elder   08-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Medusa Wrote:Actually I heard Gigli is his worst. Didn't even want to see it. I think Daredevil would've been so much better with someone else.

Put Gigli in my Netflix queue, can't pass up a really bad movie, but was pleasantly surprised. Aflleck was believable as the, I dunno, enforcer with a heart of gold or whatever. There was chemstry with J-Lo. Basically the story was a somewhat tweaked reworked version of "Ruthless People" (Bette Midler, Shelly Long, Peter Wolf or was it Coyote) The critics really did a disservice to this film. and Ben & Jen. It was enjoyable.

But what do I know, I hated "The English Patient"

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
fpw   08-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Put Gigli in my Netflix queue, can't pass up a really bad movie, but was pleasantly surprised.

I had the same experience -- wanted to see an awful film (so bad it's good a la Plan 9) but it wasn't awful. It was a silly bit of fluff.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   08-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I liked Hulk except for the ending with his dad. That part just didn't make sense.

I agree with you.

Quote:The rest of the movie was pretty good. At least the acting was decent, the costumes were ok and the special effects were good. The ending was bad, but unlike Daredevil, the rest of the movie was tolerable.

In my opinion, Jennifer Connely was good. Well, hmm, because I'm her fan. :p
Pages (3): 1 2 3