Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   08-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Today I watched "The Great St. Louis Bank Robbery". Very classic McQueen's movie. Story about four bank robbers. McQueen's role is car driver. They thought their plan is perfect. They did simulation training. But they failed one thing.......have you ever seen this movie?

Steve McQueen is my favorite actors as much as Clint Eastwood. I saw a lot of his movies. In "The Magnificent Seven", he was fast with a gun. In "The Great Escape", he was a soldier/prisoner. In "The Cincinnati Kid", he was a gambler. In "The Towering Inferno", he was a fireman. Tom Horn, Papillon, The Blob, Bullitt, The Thomas Crown Affair, Nevada Smith......his movies anytime made me enjoy. Not only movies. "Wanted Dead or Alive", when I was youth, I enjoyed it on TV every week.

Paul Newman, Robert Redford, Steve McQueen, they were superstars in '70s. But McQueen was special. Too bad he died at 50. If he is alive now, he is 75 years old. I don't know how many movies we can see after "The Hunter". But he is always my hero.

Are you McQueen's fan? What are your favorite McQueen movies?
Mike   08-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Kenji Wrote:Today I watched "The Great St. Louis Bank Robbery". Very classic McQueen's movie. Story about four bank robbers. McQueen's role is car driver. They thought their plan is perfect. They did simulation training. But they failed one thing.......have you ever seen this movie?

Steve McQueen is my favorite actors as much as Clint Eastwood. I saw a lot of his movies. In "The Magnificent Seven", he was fast with a gun. In "The Great Escape", he was a soldier/prisoner. In "The Cincinnati Kid", he was a gambler. In "The Towering Inferno", he was a fireman. Tom Horn, Papillon, The Blob, Bullitt, The Thomas Crown Affair, Nevada Smith......his movies anytime made me enjoy. Not only movies. "Wanted Dead or Alive", when I was youth, I enjoyed it on TV every week.

Paul Newman, Robert Redford, Steve McQueen, they were superstars in '70s. But McQueen was special. Too bad he died at 50. If he is alive now, he is 75 years old. I don't know how many movies we can see after "The Hunter". But he is always my hero.

Are you McQueen's fan? What are your favorite McQueen movies?
v

The Blob has always been my favorite of his movies. How can you top that? Steve McQueen vs. 460,000 packets of cherry or strawberry jello.
Kenji   08-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Mike Wrote:v

The Blob has always been my favorite of his movies. How can you top that? Steve McQueen vs. 460,000 packets of cherry or strawberry jello.

Was that The Blob? I think it's "Attack of the killer cherry jello" :p Big Grin

Joking aside, yeah you're right. The Blob was best panic movie in '60s. Japanese title was "Terror of Man-eating amoeba".
Anders Monsen   08-15-2005, 11:23 AM
A great actor

"The Great Escape" - his character echoed year later in the claymation motion, Chicken Run. One of is best movies.

Also like "Bullitt" and "Papillon" among others.
Maggers   08-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Anders Monsen Wrote:A great actor... "The Great Escape" ... One of his best movies.

I love love love love love love love love "The Great Escape." I was 11 when it came out and saw it in a drive in movie in the summertime. OMG...all those hunks in one flick, enough to give a pre-teen the vapors! It's one of those movies I have to stop and watch if I catch it on the tube.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

t4terrific   08-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Mike Wrote:v

When I think of Steve...Steve McQueen, I think of "cool". Of all the great actors, of all time, Steve McQueen was just the most "cool". I've always loved that aspect of him.
My favorite McQueen film would be "Bullit". I also loved "The Getaway", and "The Great Escape".
KRW   08-15-2005, 08:35 PM
t4terrific Wrote:When I think of Steve...Steve McQueen, I think of "cool". Of all the great actors, of all time, Steve McQueen was just the most "cool". I've always loved that aspect of him.
My favorite McQueen film would be "Bullit". I also loved "The Getaway", and "The Great Escape".

Steve McQueen was great, but he could never hold a candle to cool when it came to Paul Newman in "Cool Hand Luke"! Buttttt, "Bullit" had one of the greatest car chase scenes ever to hit the silver screen!

KRW
Kenji   08-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Anyone remember McQueen's remake? "Wanted;Dead or Alive" and "The Blob".

In "Wanted;Dead or Alive"(1987), Rutger Hauer played grandson of Josh Randall. That was remarkable film. Especially, at the last scene, into Gene Simmons's mouth........ :eek:

"The Blob" was remade in 1988. Original creature was very slow moves, but this remake film's creature was very high speed moves. SFX was good, but actor was worst.
Schwinn160   04-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Reviving a very old thread to say that I, too, like 'ole Steve. I really liked him in The Great Escape. Smile

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write something worth reading or do things worth the writing."
Benjamin Franklin

I'm the original me©. Big Grin
mkmfpwfan   04-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Did somebody mention SAND PEBBLES --------Mark
Pages (2): 1 2