fpw   08-09-2005, 11:46 AM
FF=2.5

Too silly. Might be good for 8-12-year olds, but it doesn't push the story much past the first. The novelty of a Tex Avery cartoon with real people (abetted by CGI) is gone. If I want to watch a Tex Avery cartoon (the protagonist's surname is Avery - gee) I'll watch a Tex Avery cartoon. Alan Cumming saves what there is to be saved.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Richard Kendrick   08-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Having a newborn and becoming a "stay at home dad" -- with a wife whose career is stellar and improving all the time, while mine stagnates a bit... I have to say that Son Of The Mask hit pretty close to home for me at times. I found myself wanting my wife to watch it. I could feel that guys pain. However, aside from that aspect, it was a pretty overly-silly movie.

RIK
Kenji   08-10-2005, 08:38 AM
fpw Wrote:FF=2.5

Too silly. Might be good for 8-12-year olds, but it doesn't push the story much past the first. The novelty of a Tex Avery cartoon with real people (abetted by CGI) is gone. If I want to watch a Tex Avery cartoon (the protagonist's surname is Avery - gee) I'll watch a Tex Avery cartoon. Alan Cumming saves what there is to be saved.

The Mask without Jim Carey.......I don't wanna see it. Sad
Gerald Rice   08-11-2005, 11:30 AM
fpw Wrote:FF=2.5

I wish they would have made a Mask movie actually based on the comic. That would have been great.