Scott Hajek   08-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Anybody collecting this mini-series? It's a 3-issue series with each issue having 3 different covers. One for each of the main characters. Issue one sold out quickly and issue two just came out today. I had to special order #1 since I missed it. The comic store came through with only 2 of the three covers. So, now I'm on a quest.

I haven't read the comics yet. I'll be waiting for issue 3.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Anders Monsen   08-03-2005, 03:36 PM
The comic store I use also only had two covers. One of the clerks said they had called the publisher when their order for 190 copies of the third cover - the captain - failed to arrive. It seems this is a common problem, and this one cover will appear on eBay at premium prices.
Anders Monsen   08-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Of the first issue they now show only the Jones cover as available.
jimbow8   08-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Interview with Joss Whedon

http://www.infocusmag.com/05augustseptem...nuncut.htm

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Anders Monsen   08-07-2005, 08:08 PM
This was a great interview. I didn't know he worked on TOY STORY, but I've always wondered in ALIENS IV would have turned out better with his script. Probably not.

I recently watched "Objects in Space," the last Firefly episode, with commentary by Whedon. For an insight into how his mind works, there is nothing better than this, as he alks more about philosophy (existentialism) than the show. Turns out he hates guns, but since Firefly is an action show, guns are necessary.