Pages (2):    1 2
Kenji   05-29-2004, 04:38 AM
Bastard Wrote:I love the choice for your avatar, Kenji...
--Jake

Thank you, Jake.

If you really like it, I recommend see Japanese cover(thread title) in this Thread(Repairmna Jack Main Forum). I did many Japanese covers attached there. And tell me your impressions. Wink
Bastard   05-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Thank you, Jake.

If you really like it, I recommend see Japanese cover(thread title) in this Thread(Repairman Jack Main Forum). I did many Japanese covers attached there. And tell me your impressions. Wink

I liked them alot, Kenji. I really like the expressivenes of the Illustrations, and the color palettes convey the intensity of the books.

I've been a huge fan of Japanese illustration for years. My favorite artists are Yoshitaka Amano, Hiroaki Samura, Yukito Kishiro and a few others...

--Jake
This post was last modified: 05-29-2004, 07:26 PM by Bastard.

:eek: "Who are you mister?"
:mad: "Jacob McCandles."
:eek: "Jacob McCandles?! I thought you was dead."
:mad: "Not hardly! The next man to say that, I'm gonna shoot, so help me." -- from Big Jake
nonsun blob a   05-29-2004, 09:51 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:What's YOUR avatar?

Ken V.

I didn't realize you wrote that to me, sorry. Mine's one of the jurai royal guardians from an anime series called Tenchi!. I believe this one's named Kamadaki, and yes, the exclamation point is part of the name.
Kenji   05-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Bastard Wrote:I liked them alot, Kenji. I really like the expressivenes of the Illustrations, and the color palettes convey the intensity of the books.

I've been a huge fan of Japanese illustration for years. My favorite artists are Yoshitaka Amano, Hiroaki Samura, Yukito Kishiro and a few others...

--Jake

Yes,those artists does nice work. Smile Do you have some Japanese editions?

And, don't forget about translator. All of Repairman Jack series is translated by Keisuke Otaki. If he doesn't translate, I can't read RJ novels. I still waiting for translated The Hosts.
Bastard   05-29-2004, 11:58 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Yes,those artists does nice work. Smile Do you have some Japanese editions?

And, don't forget about translator. All of Repairman Jack series is translated by Keisuke Otaki. If he doesn't translate, I can't read RJ novels. I still waiting for translated The Hosts.

Back at home I have a few Japanese collected editions of GunnM, released in the USA as "Battle Angel Alita" and a Japanese Edition of "Vagabond" though I don't know the name in Japanese.

--Jake

:mad: "Not hardly! The next man to say that, I'm gonna shoot, so help me." -- from Big Jake
Kenji   05-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Bastard Wrote:Back at home I have a few Japanese collected editions of GunnM, released in the USA as "Battle Angel Alita" and a Japanese Edition of "Vagabond" though I don't know the name in Japanese.

--Jake

GunnM ? Vagabond ? I know only that name, but I don't read recent comics....

Then,do you know "Cyborg 009" and "Galaxy Express 999" ? Smile
Bastard   05-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:GunnM ? Vagabond ? I know only that name, but I don't read recent comics....

Then,do you know "Cyborg 009" and "Galaxy Express 999" ? Smile

I've heard of "Cyborg 009," but I've never read it. I really enjoyed "Galaxy Express 999." Big Grin

"Vagabond" is based on the Japanese historical fiction "Musashi," About the Life of Miyamoto Musashi, but I don't remember the original author's name.

-Jake

urban prankster   05-30-2004, 07:54 PM
undefined
Terry Willacker Wrote:I read Conspiracies a couple of years ago. It was the first FPW book I read. Now that I've read almost everything he has written, including the Adversary Cycle and all the RPJ books except Crisscross, I should go back and read Conspiracies again. It will probably seem like a very different book now.

Terry, I would suggest you read crisscross before starting the cycle over again. once you read it (crisscross) you'll know why. urban prankster
Pages (2):    1 2