Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
BrettM   07-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Personally, I think the literary world needs more ferrets. The lack of ferrets in literature is just deplorable.

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
Sam   07-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Maggers Wrote:I love that picture! Your cutie looks absolutely demented!

If it only had yellow eyes and 3-taloned paws...Rakosh/Akitas = Rakitas.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Sam   07-23-2005, 08:36 PM
I like all dogs but a Boxer's face is just...I don't know. They always look like they mean business even when playing. A no-nonsense look at all times. And when they stand like a statue, staring you down...you feel like dinner.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
The Mad American   07-23-2005, 10:25 PM
While I really like Akita's and think they are beautiful dogs, (my mom had one when I was growing up, she was an awesome pooch), my vote for the next dog goes to the English Mastiff.

I need to find who to attribute this quote to, it was a higher level Roman that I do remember but the name escapes me at the time, but anyway the saying goes something like this,

As the Lion is to the house cat, the Mastiff is to all other dogs.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

t4terrific   07-24-2005, 12:43 AM
The Mad American Wrote:While I really like Akita's and think they are beautiful dogs, (my mom had one when I was growing up, she was an awesome pooch), my vote for the next dog goes to the English Mastiff.

I need to find who to attribute this quote to, it was a higher level Roman that I do remember but the name escapes me at the time, but anyway the saying goes something like this,

As the Lion is to the house cat, the Mastiff is to all other dogs.

I've got 2 rules in life. I never date a girl that can beat me up and never have a dog that can eat me!
neotank   07-24-2005, 11:45 AM
My brother had two Akitas. Great dogs.

Every once in a while I would stop at Mcdonalds and feed em a cheeseburger. He would swallow the thing in one bite!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-24-2005, 07:14 PM
BrettM Wrote:Personally, I think the literary world needs more ferrets. The lack of ferrets in literature is just deplorable.

Couldn't agree more. I was going to bring that up myself, but was afraid
no one would understand.
Maggers   07-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Couldn't agree more. I was going to bring that up myself, but was afraid no one would understand.

That's funny, but, I, too, thought of ferrets.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Sam Wrote:If it only had yellow eyes and 3-taloned paws...Rakosh/Akitas = Rakitas.

Rikitas...isn't that a brand of overpriced sneakers? :confused:
KRW   07-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Rikitas...isn't that a brand of overpriced sneakers? :confused:

No, I think it's one of those odd noise makers in the percussion section. Wink

KRW
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5