Pages (2): 1 2   
SteveBlack   07-12-2005, 05:22 PM
My copy of Infernal hit the UK shores today and on the acknowledgements page there's a thank-you from fpw himself to a certain Paul Stanko!!!!

Well done my lad!
I'm not jealous at all!
Really I'm not :p

cheers
Steve
jimbow8   07-12-2005, 05:26 PM
SteveBlack Wrote:My copy of Infernal hit the UK shores today and on the acknowledgements page there's a thank-you from fpw himself to a certain Paul Stanko!!!!

Well done my lad!
I'm not jealous at all!

cheers
Steve
Damn these gunnies and their expertise which allows them to get acknowledgements. :p First Ken V, now Biggles.

Congrats to Biggles!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Keith the Elder   07-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Congratulations Biggles!!!

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Biggles   07-12-2005, 06:33 PM
SteveBlack Wrote:My copy of Infernal hit the UK shores today and on the acknowledgements page there's a thank-you from fpw himself to a certain Paul Stanko!!!!

Well done my lad!
I'm not jealous at all!

cheers
Steve

Aw shucks. :o

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Biggles   07-12-2005, 06:43 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Damn these gunnies and their expertise which allows them to get acknowledgements. :p First Ken V, now Biggles.

Congrats to Biggles!

Actually, Ken got a kudo as well. He's more of a gunny than I am. I just happen to carry the same guns as Jack does: a Glock 19 as primary and a Kel-Tec P11 for more discrete situations. And Paul probably only contacted me about a judicial question because I'm the only retired judge on the board. Still, I did enjoy my 15 seconds of "fame".

I must say though, that my only disappointment in Infernal is that Jack and I no longer have the same "everyday" beer (Rolling Rock). Can't complain about his replacement; I've had it before (in fact at WDW with Paul), but I don't find it this far West of Philly. Wish I could find Genny Cream Ale this far West too, but I digress.

Scott Miller   07-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Biggles Wrote:Wish I could find Genny Cream Ale this far West too, but I digress.

Screamin' Genny's now is it. I know you can get 'em in Michigan-I just had some.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Biggles   07-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Screamin' Genny's now is it. I know you can get 'em in Michigan-I just had some.

When I went to Valpo (Valparaiso U.) Law School, I was spoiled from having drunk Genessee Cream Ale during my undergrad years in the 'Burgh. Fortunately, a liquor store just off campus carried it cold by the 12-pack. It wasn't cheap, but it was available. I still would fill my trunk with cases of cans whenever I went back home to PA on breaks (that and my mom's nut rolls and poppy seed rolls).

Here's the brewery's link, BTW: http://www.highfalls.com/home.asp
This post was last modified: 07-12-2005, 07:11 PM by Biggles.

Keith the Elder   07-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Biggles Wrote:When I went to Valpo (Valparaiso U.) Law School, I was spoiled from having drunk Genessee Cream Ale during my undergrad years in the 'Burgh. Fortunately, a liquor store just off campus carried it cold by the 12-pack. It wasn't cheap, but it was available. I still would fill my trunk with cases of cans whenever I went back home to PA on breaks (that and my mom's nut rolls and poppy seed rolls).

Here's the brewery's link, BTW: http://www.highfalls.com/home.asp

While you were home in PA, ya mighta tried some of that Neweiller's (Spelling? Neueiller's) Cream Ale . That was pretty decent back in the day for a kid from the Lehigh Valley.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Weatherford   07-13-2005, 04:43 PM
well, have you PA'ers tried Yuengling? (From Pottsville - the north end of the schuykill along Rte 22)
Sam   07-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Weatherford Wrote:well, have you PA'ers tried Yuengling? (From Pottsville - the north end of the schuykill along Rte 22)

FPW suggested this brew to me some time ago. I wasn't able to find it locally though (West Virginia). Sad I was able to sample the other beers suggested to me on that thread and liked them all.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Pages (2): 1 2