Pages (2): 1 2   
fpw   07-01-2005, 08:51 AM
A real check-your-brain-at-the-door film. I don't think I'm giving anything away when I say, If you want to kill people, you don't use flash-bang grenades.

Some surprises, though. People you assume are going to survive...don't.

FF= 0.5 (stuuuuupid but I kept watching)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   07-01-2005, 09:10 AM
fpw Wrote:A real check-your-brain-at-the-door film. I don't think I'm giving anything away when I say, If you want to kill people, you don't use flash-bang grenades.

I think this is John Carpenter's movie's remake. Did you see the original?
Marc   07-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Kenji Wrote:I think this is John Carpenter's movie's remake. Did you see the original?

I was wondering the same thing. How does it compare? Anyone?
Kenji   07-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Marc B. Wrote:I was wondering the same thing. How does it compare? Anyone?

Original was cool. But I want to see this remake for compare.

But.....I DON'T WANT REMAKE VERSION of ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK. "Escape from New York" is perfect movie. Anyway, who can play Snake, other than Kurt Russel?

So I hope "Assault on Precinct 13" is a last remake of Carpenter's movie.
jimbow8   07-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Kenji Wrote:Original was cool. But I want to see this remake for compare.

But.....I DON'T WANT REMAKE VERSION of ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK. "Escape from New York" is perfect movie. Anyway, who can play Snake, other than Kurt Russel?
No one! That would be like someone else playing Jack Burton!! Can't be done.

Quote:So I hope "Assault on Precinct 13" is a last remake of Carpenter's movie.
Me too. But I hope JC can get back to his old form and make movies better than Ghosts of Mars and the 200th Halloween sequel.

BTW, has anyone seen JC's Dark Star? Horrible! Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Marc   07-01-2005, 11:02 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:But I hope JC can get back to his old form and make movies better than Ghosts of Mars and the 200th Halloween sequel.

I'm still waiting for the final Snake movie, Escape from Earth.
Kenji   07-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Marc B. Wrote:I'm still waiting for the final Snake movie, Escape from Earth.

Escape from Earth! That's exactly Snake's last! Big Grin
Kenji   07-01-2005, 11:11 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:No one! That would be like someone else playing Jack Burton!! Can't be done.

No one! Wink

Quote:Me too. But I hope JC can get back to his old form and make movies better than Ghosts of Mars and the 200th Halloween sequel.

BTW, has anyone seen JC's Dark Star? Horrible! Big Grin

I like Ghosts of Mars. Looks like a western movie + zombie movie. Ghost's makeup was terrible,though. But that ending scene was cool.

And, I saw Dark Star. Horrible? Well....yeah, but I like it.

I like all JC's movies, after all. Big Grin
law dawg   07-02-2005, 06:48 PM
fpw Wrote:A real check-your-brain-at-the-door film. I don't think I'm giving anything away when I say, If you want to kill people, you don't use flash-bang grenades.

Some of my collegues at work and I watched this movie one day - we called it "Assault on Precinct Suckdom"
Maggers   07-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Marc B. Wrote:I was wondering the same thing. How does it compare? Anyone?

I haven't seen the remake yet.

I saw the original in the theater way back in 1977. It came out in '76 but I did see it in a theater in '77. I vividly remember it because (a) it was really good, and (b), I'd just begun dating my screenwriter soon- to-be-husband-and-17-years-later-ex-husband and he was delighted to have turned me on to John Carpenter. The concept of wickedly good little independent films was fairly new to me at the time.

What can I say, he woke me up...on a number of levels and in a number of areas. I owe my ex- a lot...he introduced me to animals, too. I never had a pet growing up. Howie and I eventually adopted 6 stray dogs and found homes for over a dozen more.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (2): 1 2