Pages (17):    1 2 3 4 5 17   
Flinx   06-22-2005, 09:16 AM
Already posted in the "My Collection" thread details of my collection but will post here just to boost my post count. Big Grin

My FPW collection is small, no signed limited editions or rare items.
The top item in my collection isn't actually by FPW, it is by Ken Kelly. It is a pencil sketch recreating his cover art for The LaNague Chronicles.

No digital camera so no photos unfortunately. I was sent a jpg of the sketch before receiving it but it is too large to post & I don't know how to reduce the size of it.

Unless FPW travels to Australia I doubt I will ever get the chance to meet him, but have been lucky enough to have a few books signed. When FPW had a signing at DreamHaven Books, Elizabeth & the staff there were kind enough to get them signed for me. They are the books with "s" after them. All are US paperbacks except for the Stealth hardcovers.

Deep As The Marrow
Nightkill
Sims
LaNague Federation
Dydeetown World
An Enemy Of The State (Stealth – 1st printing) {s}
The Tery {s}
Healer (Dell & Stealth {s} – 1st printings)
Wheels Within Wheels (Dell & Berkley – 1st printings)
The LaNague Chronicles {s}
The Adversary Cycle
The Keep (Tor - 1st printing) {s}
The Tomb (Tor - 1st printing)
Nightworld (Jove - 1st printing)
Repairman Jack
The Tomb (Tor - 1st printing) {s}
Legacies {s}
Conspiracies {s}
All The Rage {s}
Hosts
The Haunted Air
Collections
Soft And Others
The Barrens And Others
Anthology appearances
Dancing With The Dark
Dick Tracy: The Secret Files (Tor – 2nd printing)
The Further Adventures Of The Joker
Horrible Beginnings
Open Space 2 {s}
Razored Saddles
Shock Rock

Wayne
Keith the Elder   06-22-2005, 09:17 AM
Marc B. Wrote:Those would be Nightworld Chronicles and Fahrenfort... the two compilation books the GUer's put together at GU-1 and GU-2.

Damn, any way to get copies of those?

k the e

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
jimbow8   06-22-2005, 09:23 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Damn, any way to get copies of those?

k the e
I have .pdf copies on my puter at home that I could send you if someone else doesn't do so first. No hard copies like Marc, though.

My two hard covers:

(I have a HC of Sister Night on the way from UK)

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=848]

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Keith the Elder   06-22-2005, 09:27 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I have .pdf copies on my puter at home that I could send you if someone else doesn't do so first. No hard copies like Marc, though.

My two hard covers:

(I have a HC of Sister Night on the way from UK)

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=848]

Thanks, I'll PM my e-mail

k the e

Marc   06-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Damn, any way to get copies of those?

As Jim mentioned no hard copies were made available to those outside of the the GU attendees. Nightworld Chronicles was limited to 10-12 copies and Fahrenfort was limited to 15.
Keith the Elder   06-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Marc B. Wrote:As Jim mentioned no hard copies were made available to those outside of the the GU attendees. Nightworld Chronicles was limited to 10-12 copies and Fahrenfort was limited to 15.

So if one was in posession of these rare texts that would qualify them as a member of the super secret innermost ring of THE ELITE SQUAD.

I bet they have secret passwords and handshakes. Yep, special patches for their uniforms, lapel pins to identify them to each other, Ultra-secret GU's along the Jersey shore (where they talk about me, I JUST KNOW IT!!), secret sacred rituals in the Pine Barrons.

Why, I bet they even have their own message board where they discuss FPW's books that he writes only for them.

Keith the cantankerous and really jealous Elder

Maggers   06-23-2005, 04:59 PM
My FPW Collection

So far as I know, none would be considered a collectible. One of these days I will photograph them. I think I have more signed books than I am listing here. I'll check and update later.

Still to read: "Masque," "Artifact."

All others I've read at least once and most of them twice.

HARD COVERS

Adversary Cycle:
The Keep
The Touch
Reborn
Reprisal
Nightworld

LaNague Series:
Healer (inscribed to me)
Wheels Within Wheels

Assorted Non-RJ Thrillers:
Nightkill (signed)
Deep as the Marrow
The Select
Implant
Mirage (signed)
Sibs
Sister Night

Repairman Jack:
Legacies
Conspiracies
All the Rage
Hosts
The Haunted Air (inscribed to me)
Gateways
Crisscross

Others:
Black Wind
Midnight Mass (inscribed to me)
5th Harmonic
Sims (inscribed to me)
Artifact

Short Stories:
The Barrens and Others
Soft and Others
Little Beige Book (2 copies- one signed and one inscribed to me)

Anthologies:
Dark at Heart (includes "The Long Way Home" by FPW)

PAPERBACKS:

Adversary Cycle:
The Keep
The Tomb
The Touch
Reborn
Reprisal
Nightworld

LaNague Series:
The Tery
Dydeetown World
Wheels Within Wheels
An Enemy of the State
The LaNague Chronicles

Assorted Non-RJ Thrillers:
Nightkill
Deep as the Marrow
The Select
Implant
Mirage
Sibs
Virgin (inscribed to me by FPW and Mary Wilson)
Masque (inscribed to me)

Repairman Jack:
The Tomb
Legacies
Conspiracies
All the Rage
Hosts
The Haunted Air

Short Stories:
The Barrens and Others

Anthologies:
Diagnosis Terminal (edited by FPW, includes "Offshore" by FPW)
Darker Masques (includes "Please Don't Hurt Me" by FPW)
The Black Spiral (includes "Cuts" by FPW)
Night Screams (includes "The Wringer" by FPW)
Freak Show (edited by FPW and includes "Winter Quarters" and "The Pine Barrens" by FPW)

I know there are a lot of duplicates, but I like keeping the paperbacks because they are easier to carry, and most of my reading is done in transit to and from work.
This post was last modified: 07-03-2005, 12:23 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   06-23-2005, 05:40 PM
HARD COVERS/Japanese edition
The Select
Implant
The Select(signed)
Implant(signed)

HARD COVERS/English edition

Gateways
Crisscross
Midnight Mass
The Fifth Harmonic

Paperbacks/Japanese edition

AC

The Keep(signed)
Reprisal(signed)
Reborn(signed)
Nightworld(signed)
The Keep
Reprisal
Reborn
Nightworld

RJ novels

THe Tomb(signed)
The Tomb
Legacies
Conspiracies
All the Rage
Hosts

Others

Black Wind
Sibs
Dydeetown World(signed)
Dydeetown World
The Touch(signed)
The Touch
Virgin

Short stories

Shock Rock
Lovecraft's Legacy
Stalker

Paperbacks/English edition

The Haunted Air
Nightkill
Diagnosis;Terminal
SIMS
Masque

Short stories

The Barrens and Others
Soft and Others
Night Screams
CANADIANRJFAN   06-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Biggles Wrote:I wanted to start a thread to facilitate all of us sharing our pictures or comments concerning all of FPW's works: short and long, RJ and non-RJ, horror, sci-fi, and other. Paul's body of work is so vast and diverse that there's truly much to share. I hope to see everyone contribute.

Let's start with some of the other hard core collectors sharing pictures of their most prized FPW works.

Biggles - this is great idea that I hope I can participate in the near future. What I can share is that not long ago I bought the RJ series up to The Haunted Air in paperback. The last two were only available in hardcover so I'll look into eventually owning hardcover everything. I'm taking this summer to read the series & bring myself up to speed in the RJ discussions.

I can't say enough how much this forum & all its' regular members have rekindled my interest in reading FPW's books. Theres alot to choose from so thanks for tips.
Biggles   06-23-2005, 10:40 PM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:Biggles - this is great idea that I hope I can participate in the near future. What I can share is that not long ago I bought the RJ series up to The Haunted Air in paperback. The last two were only available in hardcover so I'll look into eventually owning hardcover everything. I'm taking this summer to read the series & bring myself up to speed in the RJ discussions.

I can't say enough how much this forum & all its' regular members have rekindled my interest in reading FPW's books. Theres alot to choose from so thanks for tips.

If I had one tip to share, it would be to go back and read Paul's sci fi stories dating back to the early '70s. Go to his bibliography and you'll see that many of his stories were first published in Analog and similar magazines, which are often available on eBay for very reasonable prices. I have a saved search for "F. Paul Wilson" and "Analog", and receive updates by email whenever items with my search criteria go on auction.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Pages (17):    1 2 3 4 5 17