Pages (3):    1 2 3
Maggers   06-03-2005, 01:59 AM
Reading the Deep Throat thread on the political board, I remembered "Dick." It's a little gem of a movie about the Nixon presidency as seen from the eyes of 2 teenaged Washington DC girls. Just hysterical. Dan Hedaya as Nixon is perfection.

Ryan Reynolds has a tiny role that he plays perfectly. Though on screen for just a few minutes, he was brilliant and so subtlely funny that I continued to laugh long into the next scene.
This post was last modified: 06-03-2005, 08:23 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Keith the Elder   06-03-2005, 07:36 PM
The Day the Earth Stood Still

My first sci-fi ever, I was about 5. I remember not being able to sleep and padding out to the living room where mom and dad were watching this on "Saturday Night at the Movies" The movie was in progress, It was the scene at night, A guard is at the saucer, Gort emerges, Dad says, "Watch what he does" then this visor like on a knight's armor slides up, this sparky thing pulses side to side and then a ray comes out and hits the guards rifle. The rifle glows all over, the guard drops it and it disappears. This was fantastic, I know I didn't completely understand what was going on, but I knew I was on to something.

Been a sci-fi/horror addict ever since. I think this experience is analogous to when a duck emerges from it's egg and the first thing it sees move is imprinted on it's brain as it's mother and must follow.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Pages (3):    1 2 3