CANADIANRJFAN   05-31-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure if I've missed that part - does the book mention whose name Jack's country place is in?

(Seeing as Jack cannot legally own anything).
jaybird   05-31-2005, 10:33 PM
I never thought much about who's name the house was in but, I would assume that Jack would have paid for the house in cash. Maybe the deed is in either Abe's name or Juilo's name, like the Corvair that Jack drives to visit his dad on those rare occasions when they play tennis together. Now that the "House" is nothing more than a pit where the basement was, maybe in 10 years Jack can sell the land for a wal-mart to be built.
This post was last modified: 05-31-2005, 10:35 PM by jaybird.
jaybird   05-31-2005, 10:36 PM
jaybird Wrote:I never thought much about who's name the house was in but, I would assume that Jack would have paid for the house in cash. Maybe the deed is in either Abe's name or Juilo's name, like the Corvair that Jack drives to visit his dad on those rare occasions when they play tennis together. Now that the "House" is nothing more than a pit where the basement was, maybe in 10 years Jack can sell the land for a wal-mart to be built.
The road less traveled is usally less traveled for a reason
stacyzinda123   06-01-2005, 09:28 AM
jaybird Wrote:I never thought much about who's name the house was in but, I would assume that Jack would have paid for the house in cash. Maybe the deed is in either Abe's name or Juilo's name, like the Corvair that Jack drives to visit his dad on those rare occasions when they play tennis together. Now that the "House" is nothing more than a pit where the basement was, maybe in 10 years Jack can sell the land for a wal-mart to be built.
Legacies spoiler:

What happened to the house? I remember Jack blowing up the pickup truck in the driveway, along with Kemel and some of his hired help, but not the house.
jimbow8   06-01-2005, 09:30 AM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:Legacies spoiler:

What happened to the house? I remember Jack blowing up the pickup truck in the driveway, along with Kemel and some of his hired help, but not the house.
That is my favorite RJ "trick."

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
jaybird   06-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Ooops. Maybe I goofed-up. It has been awhile since I have read "Legacies". I thought the house had blown-up along with it. Remember, right before the bomb went off there was a guy who had his hand stuck in a booby-trap in the safe. I thought everybody else realized they couldn't free his hand in time and ran for cover and left the poor sap to be turned into dog food. At the same time Jack and the nun made their getaway in the confusion. :confused:
Medusa   06-01-2005, 08:05 PM
POSSIBLE SPOILER!!

I thought I remembered it as a fake in the house so they would all run outside near the truck where the REAL was.
jaybird   06-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Oh yeah!!!! Thats right! See, like I said, it has been awhile since I have read that one. It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong...........I am not a big man. Sad
KRW   06-02-2005, 12:45 AM

More than likely he leased or rented it. He would never put his friends in jepordy. That house was meant to kill people and it did. If Abe or Julio was on the bill of sale, whose door would the cops be knocking on? Jack wouldn't do that to his friends.

KRW
Ken Valentine   06-02-2005, 01:53 AM
KRW Wrote:More than likely he leased or rented it. He would never put his friends in jepordy. That house was meant to kill people and it did. If Abe or Julio was on the bill of sale, whose door would the cops be knocking on? Jack wouldn't do that to his friends.

I believe Jack said it was his. And he could have bought it through one of his other identities.

Ken V.