Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Peter   05-30-2005, 08:04 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I must confess I'm baffled by the current spate of Hollywood remakes. Is Tinsletown utterly void of new ideas these days? Any big-time producers out there, here's an =original= idea. The time is August, 1945. The ENOLA GAY circles Hiroshima. The atomic weapon is dropped. A mechanical fault!--it doesn't explode! Imperial Japanese scientists figure out right-quick what is it, and how to put it in working order. The hook: Imperial Japan is on the ropes, but now posseses an atomic weapon... How would the US deal with the situation? Well, get it back, or destroy it, with a suicide team. Either that, or... STARRING (write your own names in here) (I can see Ed Norton and Bruce Willis, for a start.) :eek:

I like the idea Bluesman. I'm sure there are lots of technical problems with it actually happening but, after all, this is Hollywood and when did they ever let a minor matter like impossibility hold them back? As for US repsonse, if they knew where the bomb was then nuke 'em again perhaps. But then they might have 2 bombs so maybe not.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Peter Wrote:I like the idea Bluesman. I'm sure there are lots of technical problems with it actually happening but, after all, this is Hollywood and when did they ever let a minor matter like impossibility hold them back? As for US repsonse, if they knew where the bomb was then nuke 'em again perhaps. But then they might have 2 bombs so maybe not.

Thanks, Peter. As you say, when did =anything= stop Hollywood? But I suspect that if the Hiroshima bomb had been a "dud," confusion would have reigned supreme in the American high command. (And right now I hear Ken V. asking, "When hasn't it?") But I think the idea has the makings of a good thriller.
Kenji   05-31-2005, 10:23 AM
This evening, I saw original on DVD.

When last time I saw this, that was a long time ago. Maybe I was kid, but I remembered the detail. But I didn't remember Ernest Borgnine. Still I can't believe this movie was made 40 years ago. Even if they didn't use CG, they made great movie. Really great.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4