Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6   
Brazen   05-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

Well yesterday was my first day here, and if you read my intro you'll already know that I am only now discovering FPW and that I was going to fix that problem quickly.

I stopped off at the bookstore by my house today, and took everything they had, which was 4.

Deep as the Marrow
Implant
The Select
Nightkill

None of these are Repairman Jack books, are they? So can I read these particular ones in any order?

Thanks!
Marc   05-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Brazen Wrote:I stopped off at the bookstore by my house today, and took everything they had, which was 4.

Deep as the Marrow
Implant
The Select
Nightkill

None of these are Repairman Jack books, are they? So can I read these particular ones in any order?

Nope, none are Jack books so read them in any way you like. If you want to read them in published order then I'd suggest: The Select, Implant, Deep as the Marrow, and finally Nightkill, but it doesn't really matter.

Welcome to the board, by the way.
Ken Valentine   05-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Brazen Wrote:Hi Everyone,

Well yesterday was my first day here, and if you read my intro you'll already know that I am only now discovering FPW and that I was going to fix that problem quickly.

I stopped off at the bookstore by my house today, and took everything they had, which was 4.

Deep as the Marrow
Implant
The Select
Nightkill

Thanks!

Marc already answered your question, but I just want to add:

1. Welcome to the board, and

2. Those books are all stand-alone stories.

Ken V.
SteveBlack   05-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Welcome to the boards!!
They can all be read individually. There are ties between The Select, Implant and Deep As The Marrow but they don't affect the story at all. Click on 'CROSS REF' at the top to see the GU

Steve
Maggers   05-21-2005, 05:51 PM

Deep as the Marrow
Implant
The Select
Nightkill

Thanks!

You'll enjoy them all, I guarantee. My personal fav is "Deep as the Marrow." Wait until you meet Poppy!

It's great that your bookstore had so many FPW books available. I went to a Barnes and Noble bookstore in Mahhattan, one of the smaller ones, and not only did they not have a single FPW book of any stripe, the customer service folks had never heard of him.

When I said it was a shame they didn't carry FPW, I was told, "no, not really, if he doesn't sell why should we carry him?"

The audacity!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Biggles   05-21-2005, 05:57 PM

Deep as the Marrow
Implant
The Select
Nightkill

Thanks!

Read them in any order you wish. Paul is a man of many genres, so you have a lot of good reads ahead of you! Welcome aboard.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Susan   05-21-2005, 06:05 PM

Deep as the Marrow
Implant
The Select
Nightkill

Thanks!

I would read The Select, Implant, Deep as the Marrow and Nightkill in that order. But what do I know? Hehehe.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
KRW   05-21-2005, 07:00 PM
I'd put them in a bag, close my eyes, and pick one out that way. They are all great stories. Big Grin

KRW
Scott Hajek   05-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Susan Wrote:I would read The Select, Implant, Deep as the Marrow and Nightkill in that order. But what do I know? Hehehe.

Susan

I agree with Susan. That order baits, sets the hook, reels you in and makes you a fan for life.

Don't let the self-doubting humor deceive you... Susan knows a lot.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Biggles   05-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I agree with Susan. That order baits, sets the hook, reels you in and makes you a fan for life.

Don't let the self-doubting humor deceive you... Susan knows a lot.

True. She does her best to hide it behind that self-effacing (yet incredibly beautiful) exterior, but Susan is definitely with it!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6