fpw   05-21-2005, 09:21 AM
I remembered liking this way back when, so I rented the new DVD.

What (besides all the bare breasts) did I ever see in it? The acting is bad, the plotting clunky, the dialogue atrocious, the shootouts unbelievable (in the true sense of the word).

I think Peckinpah was trying to recapture the feel of The Wild Bunch, but there's no redemption here. Just an exercise in nihilism that left me cold.

Sometimes you can't go back.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   05-21-2005, 09:51 AM
fpw Wrote:I remembered liking this way back when, so I rented the new DVD.

What (besides all the bare breasts) did I ever see in it? The acting is bad, the plotting clunky, the dialogue atrocious, the shootouts unbelievable (in the true sense of the word).

I think Peckinpah was trying to recapture the feel of The Wild Bunch, but there's no redemption here. Just an exercise in nihilism that left me cold.

Sometimes, I feel like that by other movies(Not Peckinpah),too. Once my favorite movie is now boring. For example "Helloween"....Yes, I know. I can hear everybody saying "Helloween" is Carpenter's best movie. When I was teenager, for the first time, I saw "Helloween". I remember that I felt scary it. But now I'm not afraid of it.

By the way, I've never seen "Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia", but I saw The Wild Bunch. That was great movie.
Maggers   05-21-2005, 12:58 PM
fpw Wrote:I remembered liking this way back when, so I rented the new DVD.

I remember loving the title but not liking the movie. You've reminded me why. Guess I can skip revisiting this one.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd