Pages (14):    1 3 4 5 6 7 14   
Jay #1   05-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Speaking of wonderful creatures and settings.... was I the only one that saw E.T. 's in the council seats during Episode 1 when Padme was asking for help?

Scott Miller Wrote:That said, there are so many wonderful inventions, monsters and settings throughout the entire series that they will always be something I view from time to time.
jimbow8   05-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Jay #1 Wrote:Speaking of wonderful creatures and settings.... was I the only one that saw E.T. 's in the council seats during Episode 1 when Padme was asking for help?
I noticed them. I always meant to go back and watch those scenes to see if there are any other recognizable "aliens" in there...... but haven't. :p

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
smithers52   05-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Well I found a great in-depth review of Revenge of the Sith by the great Internet critic Alexandra DuPont. Check it out: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20185

It's very informative.
Marc   05-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:Speaking of wonderful creatures and settings.... was I the only one that saw E.T. 's in the council seats during Episode 1 when Padme was asking for help?

Nope. Lucas is suppose to have a cameo in the third film as an alien but I haven't spotted it yet.
Jay #1   05-25-2005, 01:08 PM
something tells me he was the big blue guy with a horn growing straight up from above each eyerbrow, that Palpatine told to "Move!"

Marc B. Wrote:Nope. Lucas is suppose to have a cameo in the third film as an alien but I haven't spotted it yet.
s
jimbow8   05-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:something tells me he was the big blue guy with a horn growing straight up from above each eyerbrow, that Palpatine told to "Move!"

s
Did not know that. According to IMDb he plays Baron Papanoida, but I have no idea who that is.
This post was last modified: 05-25-2005, 01:19 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
jimbow8   05-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Ooh, found this:
[Image: img_baronpapanoida_sm01.jpg]
Baron N. Papanoida is an enigmatic informant and a powerful guild baron during the twilight of the Republic. Baron Papanoida maintains a close working relationship with fellow Wroonian Chi Eekway, and the two have been seen together in the Galaxies Opera House.

Papanoida is a regal, bearded being operating in the Boeus sector during the era of the Clone Wars. Originally from the world of Wroona, the Baron is resplendent in a striking red uniform, and stands tall with a simple walking stick at his side. The Baron frequents the Galaxies Opera House, where, during a performance of Squid Lake, Papanoida is seen with the blue-skinned Senator, Chi Eekway - to whom it is rumoured the Baron may possibly be related. Among the guests at the show that day are Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and Anakin Skywalker.

Baron N. Papanoida serves as an unofficial informant for the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars, though his true allegiance remains in question. During the hunt for General Grievous, the Baron attempted to track down the Separatist commander, but Papanoida was unable to uncover evidence of Grievous' presence on Utapau. Fortunately, Palpatine's clone intelligence provided more reliable leads. It is thought that the Baron may be a double agent, secretly playing both sides in the war from behind the scenes, and using puppets such as Chi Eekway to do his mysterious bidding.

[Image: baron_papanoida_2.jpg][Image: baron_papanoida_sm.jpg]
This post was last modified: 05-25-2005, 01:23 PM by jimbow8.

Marc   05-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Lucas's cameo is the first shot during the opera scene. Anakin enters the opera house and Lucas is in the bottom left part of the frame talking to another person next to the door.
Annice Burdeos   05-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Maggers Wrote:I suspect "Revenge of the Sith" will wind up on my 10 worst films of 2005. We have many months to go, but nevertheless, since I could barely keep my eyes open....

Since you fell asleep during the viewing, what will become your best film of the year? Some small film that no one on the planet will see but you and a few of your friends? A film like "Yes" -starring Joan Allen and written by Sally Potter- a woman so self indulgent and gussied up to be a pretentious bore ABOUT ALL THINGS MEANINGFUL IN LIFE?

Lighten up a bit- This isn't Casablanca or Night of the Hunter. Nor for that matter Fearless nor LA Confidential.

The film is what it is- what Edmund Hamilton popularized in the 40's- a space opera. No more and no less. Lucas will never have an ear for dialogue or for getting the best out of his actors.

There are a few lines of note paricularly when Padme remarks- " So this is how democracy dies...to thunderous applause" or when Anakin tells Obi-wan

"You are either with me or you are my enemy." Give Lucus credit for those two lines if nothing else.

For myself, having grown up with Star Wars, I found the end to be fitting indeed. And because Lucas did not linger on Anakin's burned face, I, am most appreciative of that having worked with burn injuries before.
Blake   05-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Lucas's cameo is the first shot during the opera scene. Anakin enters the opera house and Lucas is in the bottom left part of the frame talking to another person next to the door.

Correct, and the other person is one of his daughters. He's in profile, for the most part, so it makes him harder to spot.

My favorite Star Wars "hidden thing" so far: The pod from 2001: A Space Odyssey is visible in Watto's junk yard in Episode I.

Oh, here's a related one, too: In Blade Runner, one of the buildings is the Millennium Falcon stood up on its back end!

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Pages (14):    1 3 4 5 6 7 14