RepairmanJack.com Forums
Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! (/thread-952.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - jimbow8 - 05-19-2005

Marc B. Wrote:!!!SPOILERS!!!

I forgot to mention the scene where the Clones turn on the Jedi. Also very well done.
Yes, it was, though I was slightly disappointed that Anakin didn't do more of the killing.

Marc B. Wrote:As for being "necessarily" long (and I know you're talking about the end but with a little trimming throughout it wouldn't have been long), I disagree. There was NO need for it to be that long. The Wookie battle wasn't needed, a lot of the romance could (and should) have been trimmed, and the final scene with Luke and Leia could easily have gone. If the scene worked better, actually gave us an emotional reaction, then it works. I felt nothing (maybe it was the "NOOO!!!" that did it).
Yeah, I was referring to just the ending. And he probably could have edited a little from ACT II (the love-story stuff, etc) though not as much as you probably think he could have. Wink

The Wookie scene was there only (IMO) to explain why Yoda was away from the rest of the Jedi and the majority of the clones. I'm not sure you could delete the Luke & Leia scene (the actual birth and naming scene?), but that's a matter of taste, I guess. The NOOO!!! was a little .... weak... I'll give you that. Not that he said it, but the enunciation of the word. Lucas should have picked a different soundbite.

Marc B. Wrote:Oh... and the scene with, "You were the Chosen One!" wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In the trailer it looked horrible... in the film, in context, it was fine.
!!!END SPOILERS!!!
I thought this whole scene was AWESOME! The "Chosen One" line didn't give me as much pause as other people, but I thought it was absolutely fine in the movie as part of the much bigger dialogue.

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - jimbow8 - 05-19-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:The first thing I have to say is that I am absolutely convinced that Palpatine is the "father" of Anakin Skywalker. During the history lesson about Darth Plagueus (sp) Palpatine explains that a Sith Lord could manipulate midichlorians to create life. Shmi Skywalker became pregnant without a father, and the obvious hint that Sidious was the apprentice of Plagueus .... hmmm.
This hadn't occured to me, but I think you may have something here. Has Plageous been mentioned before in any Extended Universe (whatever that's called) writings? This whole scene was great.

Scott Hajek Wrote:With little tributes to various scenes from Ep IV and a cameo by the Millenium Falcon, I was surprised that Lucas didn't try to put a Han Solo cameo in there as well. It would've been difficult and stilted to fit Corellia into the movie, but he could've done it.
The Falcon?!?! Where did I miss that? Who owned it at that point? Or was it just a Correllian freighter?

Han Solo would have been VERY young in this movie, so it wouldn't have worked. Though I was wondering if they would show how Chewbacca became enslaved.... obviously, they didn't.

Scott Hajek Wrote:Since Lucas has stated for the record that he will be doing more Clone Wars cartoons and a live action TV show on secondary characters. He could do a series called "The Young Han Solo Chronicles."
This would be cool. There are plenty of Solo/Chewbacca stories and books that have been written.

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Marc - 05-19-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:The NOOO!!! was a little .... weak... I'll give you that. Not that he said it, but the enunciation of the word. Lucas should have picked a different soundbite.

A scream would have been fine. Or, even better, have Anakin start rambling to himself or something to illustrate his breakdown.

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - The Mad American - 05-19-2005

I actually enjoyed this movie and I really did not like the first 2 of this second trilogy. (other then the Count Dooku V. Yoda fight scene Episode 2 bored me to tears).

I have to say I really liked how the ending wrapped back around to the original Star Wars, with Vader having the nice Analog looking plate on his chest with the rocker switches and all and with the Nazi looking uniforms of the crew on the star cruiser they are on at the end.

The "Noooooo!!!" scene was indeed one of the weakest parts of the show, Darth Vader as the great villain that he is just didn't fit that part. Also, with Anakin killing the younglings, that kind of makes the whole "Luke, I am your Father" scene In ROTJ ring hollow to me, maybe its just me but after someone does something like slaughter a bunch of children I just can't see anything redeeming about them.

Definately gonna have to see this again as it was very late and there was a lot to take in.

jimbow8 Wrote:The Falcon?!?! Where did I miss that? Who owned it at that point? Or was it just a Correllian freighter?

I missed it to. I'll have to watch for it next time.

Marc B. Wrote:A scream would have been fine. Or, even better, have Anakin start rambling to himself or something to illustrate his breakdown.

I agree, anything other then the sterotypical "Noooo!!" Something that more reflected his absolutely cold killing mentality from the first Star Wars maybe.

The Mad American Wrote:... and all and with the Nazi looking uniforms of the crew on the star cruiser they are on at the end.

That's another thing that bothered me. Where the hell did they come from? Up until this point it's been droids.

Scott Hajek Wrote:The first thing I have to say is that I am absolutely convinced that Palpatine is the "father" of Anakin Skywalker. During the history lesson about Darth Plagueus (sp) Palpatine explains that a Sith Lord could manipulate midichlorians to create life. Shmi Skywalker became pregnant without a father, and the obvious hint that Sidious was the apprentice of Plagueus .... hmmm.

I missed a lot of this conversation because my friends friend was snoring next to me and I was trying to wake him. I figured I'd missed something.

Marc B. Wrote:That's another thing that bothered me. Where the hell did they come from? Up until this point it's been droids.

Guess they were waiting in the same wings that the Royal Emperor's Guards were..the Red Guys, hadn't seen them until the scene with Anakin and Palpatin in the sky box thing.

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Scott Hajek - 05-19-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:This hadn't occured to me, but I think you may have something here. Has Plageous been mentioned before in any Extended Universe (whatever that's called) writings? This whole scene was great.

The Falcon?!?! Where did I miss that? Who owned it at that point? Or was it just a Correllian freighter?

Han Solo would have been VERY young in this movie, so it wouldn't have worked. Though I was wondering if they would show how Chewbacca became enslaved.... obviously, they didn't.

This would be cool. There are plenty of Solo/Chewbacca stories and books that have been written.

Other Sith lords contemporary to Sidious haven't been mentioned before.

The Falcon (or another Corellian freighter, but likely the Falcon) appears in the lower right corner of the screen in an early scene on Coruscant during the bright day. It's a top down view, and it's only noticeable away from the main focus of the scene. I only saw it, since being in the front row, it was practically life-size.

Han Solo would be young, early teens at the oldest, but at least they could've had someone wearing a uniform very close to his. A nod to Han, if not actually him.