Pages (2):    1 2
ShadowLord   05-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Ok -- time to fess up here -- I belong to two forum groups -- one is here at the Repairmanjack site the other one is for online gaming that I have done for the past 5 years.. That online gaming group is all Star Trek based - we take every imaginable class of ship and fight battles against the other ST based races. Romulan, Gorn, ISC, Hydran, Lyran etc etc -- just so happens thats where my user name -- ShadowLord comes from -- it's the name I use when fighting for the Klingon Empire.
(there were a series of ST based games that came out called, Star Fleet Battles, Empire at war, Orion Pirates and finally Star Fleet battles 3 -- each with new eras of technology based on the different Star Trek shows -- these games can be picked up cheap via Ebay these days about 10 bucks a copy)

Anyways -- Mirror Mirror was an original Star Trek episode where the landing crew was transported into a parallel yet evil empire. Once again here the writers stole the concept from the original series and used it to create a plot for Enterprise. It was indeed an excellent 2 part series however many Star Trek purists in the other forum/gaming league were not impressed with the Constitution class “Defiant” in this new episode. Jimmy never had rear firing photon torps on his (original) ship nor did he have the ability to fire them as quickly as they did on that episode. (hell it was so bad in the other forum that they even managed to complain about the color of the photons and phaser as being wrong.
For the most part everyone liked the episode but wished it had stayed more in line with the original ST time lines.

ShadowLord

If any of you trekkies want the link to those forums or the name of the games and where they are played (used to be 400+ players on at one time now its down to a very few -- let me know and I will post or email the info)
Marc   05-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Alan Wrote:That wasn't the Good Archer, it was the evil Archer's subconscious, he was a little nuts, not to mention evil.

That's what I thought at first but I thought I got a glimpse of his uniform and it looked like the good Archer's. That's where I got confused.
CANADIANRJFAN   05-24-2005, 01:25 AM
I can't speak for everyone but I felt the season finale of Enterprise was cheap. I couldn't help but wondering the following:

They spent 10 yrs in space? No one aged?

No junior officers were promotioned to Lt JG? / Lt? / Lt Cdr?

Crew rotation? No 'new characters' for the season finale?

Tripp & Topol still hung-up on each other?

Tripp's impulsive charge into his own death??

The Wil Riker & Deanna Troy ratings boost.

If the producers were aiming for a quick death for this series I believe they may have achieved just that.
Alan   05-24-2005, 08:59 AM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:I can't speak for everyone but I felt the season finale of Enterprise was cheap. I couldn't help but wondering the following:

They spent 10 yrs in space? No one aged?

No junior officers were promotioned to Lt JG? / Lt? / Lt Cdr?

Crew rotation? No 'new characters' for the season finale?

Tripp & Topol still hung-up on each other?

Tripp's impulsive charge into his own death??

The Wil Riker & Deanna Troy ratings boost.

If the producers were aiming for a quick death for this series I believe they may have achieved just that.

Yeah, that final episode was an unmitigated disaster. I was a huge fan of the series but couldn't force myself to sit through the whole episode. What happened with Tripp after that explosion by the way?
Pages (2):    1 2