Pages (2):    1 2
Mick C.   05-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Maggers. I've got to buy that DVD, the Ramones made me the man I am today. I can't wait to see it!

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
The Mad American   05-16-2005, 12:15 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:That is one of the reasons that Zep will always hold possibly the highest spot of honor to me: they didn't sell out. They disbanded when Bonzo died *bows head*, they didn't make albums just to get hit singles, etc. Wasn't Almost Famous the first movie which was allowed to use their music? I heard that somewhere, but could be wrong.

Not sure on the "Almost famous" thing with Zep. but it was a sad day when I saw the Cadillac commercial with their music.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

The Mad American   05-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Actually it makes me sad just to discuss Aerosmith because so many 'fans' have never even heard of "Toys In The Attic" or "Get Your Wings." They lost all credibility with me when they played the Superbowl halftime show with I can't-even-remember-the flavor-of-the-month-crappy-singer a couple of years ago.

At least with Zep, they had no low points in their lifetime, so if people are listening to them they are hearing rock-n-roll at its finest.

Man, Toys and Wings...two amazing albums, and it is very sad that most people associate Aerosmith with junk they are doing now. I even really like "Done with Mirrors" the first album the did after they got back together, has kind of a jazzy, mellow feel to it.

It has gotten so bad with them now though that I can hardly stand to listen to even the old stuff, my wife got me their new box set a while back and I put it in and just kind of surfed the songs as I now associate them with Sugar balld HELL.

Sigh....

~ Red Buttons

CANADIANRJFAN   06-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Maggers Wrote:"The End of the Century - The Story of the Ramones" is now out on DVD. I highly recommend it. I saw it in the theater last summer and loved it. If you loved the Ramones, it's a must. If you don't know anything about the Ramones, it's time you learned.

Man, it was a fun flick, a very well done bittersweet documentary. Great rental.

Maggers - how many of the original members are still alive?
The Mad American   06-02-2005, 12:33 PM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:Maggers - how many of the original members are still alive?

I am not Maggers but I beleive the answer to the question is one. Marky Ramone the drummer. I may have the name screwed up but I beleive the only origianl left is the drummer, (who by the way played on The Misfits Project 1950s album, if you like the Ramones you will love this record. It is the Misfits remaking a bunch of old 1950s rock and roll songs, they even have Ronnie Spector on it)

~ Red Buttons

Maggers   06-02-2005, 05:14 PM
The Mad American Wrote:I am not Maggers but I beleive the answer to the question is one. Marky Ramone the drummer. I may have the name screwed up but I beleive the only origianl left is the drummer, (who by the way played on The Misfits Project 1950s album, if you like the Ramones you will love this record. It is the Misfits remaking a bunch of old 1950s rock and roll songs, they even have Ronnie Spector on it)

Yup, you are correct. I didn't see this 'till now.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (2):    1 2