Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-24-2004, 05:42 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:The way I read it, "Weapons of Mass Destruction," is something that other countries have. American politicians don't refer to this countries stocks of Nuclear, Chemical, and Biological weapons as WMD's. Why is that?

Ken V.

We certainly have WMD, Ken. Difference is, we're the good guys. We really are.
Ken Valentine   05-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:We certainly have WMD, Ken. Difference is, we're the good guys. We really are.

Rolleyes If anyone truly believes that, I have a wonderful bargain for them . . . no checks please, cash . . . and in small bills.

Ken V.
jimbow8   05-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Rolleyes If anyone truly believes that, I have a wonderful bargain for them . . . no checks please, cash . . . and in small bills.

Ken V.
No thanks, Ken. I'm not buying.

I still think we are the better guys. The good guys is becoming debatable.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-30-2004, 08:24 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:No thanks, Ken. I'm not buying.

I still think we are the better guys. The good guys is becoming debatable.

In an imperfect world, Jimbow, the distinction between better and downright bad is an important one.
jimbow8   05-30-2004, 09:22 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:In an imperfect world, Jimbow, the distinction between better and downright bad is an important one.
But the 'good guys' don't get carte blanche. The good guys have to act like good guys. The end DOES NOT justify the means.

BTW, what are we talking about again? Wink

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-30-2004, 09:35 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:But the 'good guys' don't get carte blanche. The good guys have to act like good guys. The end DOES NOT justify the means.

BTW, what are we talking about again? Wink

No arguement, Jimbow. But the good guys =try= to be on the side of the Lord. They may be imperfect, but they try. The bad guys, on the other hand... (I think we were talking about what we can remember of our most fearsome drinking bouts. We didn't get far. :p .)
jimbow8   05-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:No arguement, Jimbow. But the good guys =try= to be on the side of the Lord. They may be imperfect, but they try. The bad guys, on the other hand...
OOOHH! That is a very debatable side to be on. The horrors which have been commited in the name of the Lord/religion are nearly endless. Are you sure you want to bring religion into the mix?

Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-30-2004, 09:55 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:OOOHH! That is a very debatable side to be on. The horrors which have been commited in the name of the Lord/religion are nearly endless. Are you sure you want to bring religion into the mix?

Just a metaphor for doing the righteous thing. I didn't mean any particular Lord. (Though of course, =mine= is the =true= one. Hail Cthulhu!)
Ken Valentine   05-31-2004, 06:09 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:OOOHH! That is a very debatable side to be on. The horrors which have been commited in the name of the Lord/religion are nearly endless. Are you sure you want to bring religion into the mix?

I haven't the foggiest idea of what Bluesman is talking about, so I'm staying out of this.

Ken V.
Biggles   05-31-2004, 11:33 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:We certainly have WMD, Ken. Difference is, we're the good guys. We really are.

I think we usually are the good guys, although we have made some mistakes getting involved in some wars (Mexican, War of Secession, Spanish-American, WWI, Vietnam). In those first four, we definitely weren't the "good guys". In Vietnam, we were the good guys, but we shouldn't have gone in after the French bugged out.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7