Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   05-02-2005, 02:32 AM
Just now, I received three books. Diagnosis:Terminal, Nightkill, and Masque. Bluesman Mike sent them to me. Thank you, Mike. And especially thank you FPW. Smile

Still, I'm reading GATEWAYS, but next books are waiting. Crisscross, Midnight Mass, The Fifth Harmonic, Soft and Others(from Scott), and Diagnosis:Terminal, Nightkill, Masque......Oh, these days I don't read Japanese edition's novels. :p

If this is your case, what do you read? What is your next recommendation?
KRW   05-02-2005, 02:38 AM
Kenji Wrote:Just now, I received three books. Diagnosis:Terminal, Nightkill, and Masque. Bluesman Mike sent them to me. Thank you, Mike. And especially thank you FPW. Smile

Still, I'm reading GATEWAYS, but next books are waiting. Crisscross, Midnight Mass, The Fifth Harmonic, Soft and Others(from Scott), and Diagnosis:Terminal, Nightkill, Masque......Oh, these days I don't read Japanese edition's novels. :p

If this is your case, what do you read? What is your next recommendation?

I think I would choose something by FPW! Big Grin Honestley if your're on Gateways, read Crisscross next. Then take a break from Jack and read either Masque (for Sci-Fi) or Nightkill. If it was me it would be Nightkill. (IMO)
KRW Smile

KRW
Maggers   05-02-2005, 11:32 AM
KRW Wrote:I think I would choose something by FPW! Big Grin Honestley if your're on Gateways, read Crisscross next. Then take a break from Jack and read either Masque (for Sci-Fi) or Nightkill. If it was me it would be Nightkill. (IMO)
KRW Smile

KRW

I was just about to jump in and say read "Deep as the Marrow" right away! But that's not one of the books listed, is it? At any rate, that is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE non-RJ book, bar none.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Maggers Wrote:I was just about to jump in and say read "Deep as the Marrow" right away! But that's not one of the books listed, is it? At any rate, that is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE non-RJ book, bar none.

It was certainly moving and powerful. But how about DYDEETOWN WORLD?
Maggers   05-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:It was certainly moving and powerful. But how about DYDEETOWN WORLD?

I'll tell you after I read "Dydeetown World" again. But as far as my memory goes and my recollection of the experience of reading both, "Deep as the Marrow" is the winner for me. It's all about Poppy. Poppy is my gal. As I wrote on another thread, when I grow up, I'd like to be the kind of woman that Poppy is - absolutely fierce, true to herself and noble. She's a one of a kind heroine.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Maggers Wrote:I'll tell you after I read "Dydeetown World" again. But as far as my memory goes and my recollection of the experience of reading both, "Deep as the Marrow" is the winner for me. It's all about Poppy. Poppy is my gal. As I wrote on another thread, when I grow up, I'd like to be the kind of woman that Poppy is - absolutely fierce, true to herself and noble. She's a one of a kind heroine.

She sure had guts and savvy. Kinda like a Heinlein heroine...
stacyzinda123   05-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Maggers Wrote:It's all about Poppy. Poppy is my gal. As I wrote on another thread, when I grow up, I'd like to be the kind of woman that Poppy is - absolutely fierce, true to herself and noble. She's a one of a kind heroine.
I love the "when I grow up" line Wink . I use it too and get a lot of wierd looks. I don't say it for wierd looks, but to express a goal I have or a place I hope to eventually be in my life. I'd be fooling myself to pretend I'm not going to grow or mature from this point.
Maggers   05-02-2005, 01:15 PM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:I love the "when I grow up" line Wink . I use it too and get a lot of wierd looks. I don't say it for wierd looks, but to express a goal I have or a place I hope to eventually be in my life. I'd be fooling myself to pretend I'm not going to grow or mature from this point.

Once again I see we think alike, Stacy. Although maybe you should be afraid of that! Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

stacyzinda123   05-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Maggers Wrote:Once again I see we think alike, Stacy. Although maybe you should be afraid of that! Big Grin
Think so?? Nah, I'm not scared if you're not! Big Grin
Maggers   05-02-2005, 01:26 PM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:Think so?? Nah, I'm not scared if you're not! Big Grin

Me neither! Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (2): 1 2