Paige   05-02-2005, 02:25 AM
I'm afraid i loaned my collection to a friend and yet to see any of it in a month. Sigh. I wonder if anyone can help me. How old is Jack? I think he's in his mid 30s/40s but I’m not sure.

Thanks.

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman
KRW   05-02-2005, 02:29 AM
Paige Wrote:I'm afraid i loaned my collection to a friend and yet to see any of it in a month. Sigh. I wonder if anyone can help me. How old is Jack? I think he's in his mid 30s/40s but I’m not sure.

Thanks.

I believe it's early to mid-thirties.

KRW
nijimeijer   05-02-2005, 10:18 AM
I think you can calculate his age using his sister's age in Hosts. I don't have the book on hand now, but I'm pretty sure you can arrive at a number that way.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Throughout our history there are those ghosts
Compelled to illustrate our dreams and hopes
Victors hang in pictures, losers from ropes.
Regardless they all swing in the same boat.
stacyzinda123   05-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Paige Wrote:I'm afraid i loaned my collection to a friend and yet to see any of it in a month. Sigh. I wonder if anyone can help me. How old is Jack? I think he's in his mid 30s/40s but I’m not sure.

Thanks.
I'm currently re-reading All the Rage and in the book he's considering retiring in 4-5 years when he's 40, so he'd be 35 or 36 in that book.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-02-2005, 11:25 AM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:I'm currently re-reading All the Rage and in the book he's considering retiring in 4-5 years when he's 40, so he'd be 35 or 36 in that book.

I think that's right. "In his prime," as Grandpa would have said.
Biggles   05-02-2005, 09:27 PM

Thanks.

I think Jack will always be in his early to mid-thirties, like Batman, Superman, The Flash, etc. All of his adventures will be compressed into a few years, as they have been from The Tomb to the present. If you want to know how old he'll be when he "retires", just check out Nightworld. Since Paul has indicated that he won't be writing any post-Nightworld books, and since Jack is moving gradually toward becoming part of society (yecch!), I picture him retiring by the time he's 38.

But then, only one guy here knows!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Paige   05-02-2005, 10:36 PM
thanks for replying, guys. It's been bothering me for a week now.

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman