Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Auskar   04-28-2005, 05:24 AM
I've always liked the Repairman Jack character and have read all the novels but number 7, but never really got into the supernatural aspect very much because I just couldn't "suspend disbelief" quite that far.

I just liked the character. Repairman Jack. If there is a problem, he'll fix it. He'll take care of the bad guys.

Anyway, I just finished CrissCross and felt it was the best of the bunch. It was very quick reading and when it started getting into the "hocus-pocus" aspects, it didn't lose its way and have unbelievable supernatural events like....(edited out)...

Jack was mostly just Repairman Jack. So I liked it best.
stacyzinda123   04-28-2005, 11:10 AM
I loved Crisscross! I thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing. I started re-reading all the RJ books and I read the Tomb first, I finally got Crisscross and read it, then Legacies and now Conspiracies. I'm getting a little confused as to which books certain details occur in, but I love that part of it too. The fact that they are all so cohesive and well connected is awesome. I'd like to read the AC books again before the rewrite of Nightworld comes out. I'm changing my work hours to part time in a couple months so hopefully I'll have time then to read even more!
Maggers   04-28-2005, 11:13 AM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:I loved Crisscross! I thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing. I started re-reading all the RJ books and I read the Tomb first, I finally got Crisscross and read it, then Legacies and now Conspiracies. I'm getting a little confused as to which books certain details occur in, but I love that part of it too. The fact that they are all so cohesive and well connected is awesome. I'd like to read the AC books again before the rewrite of Nightworld comes out. I'm changing my work hours to part time in a couple months so hopefully I'll have time then to read even more!

Stacy,
I agree 100%! BTW, I love your new avatar. It's so springy!
Maggers

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

stacyzinda123   04-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Maggers Wrote:Stacy,
I agree 100%! BTW, I love your new avatar. It's so springy!
Maggers
Thanks! I took that picture last spring by the main entrance of a huge insurance company near our apartment. They have the most goregous flower beds!
KRW   04-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Auskar Wrote:I've always liked the Repairman Jack character and have read all the novels but number 7, but never really got into the supernatural aspect very much because I just couldn't "suspend disbelief" quite that far.

I just liked the character. Repairman Jack. If there is a problem, he'll fix it. He'll take care of the bad guys.

Anyway, I just finished CrissCross and felt it was the best of the bunch. It was very quick reading and when it started getting into the "hocus-pocus" aspects, it didn't lose its way and have unbelievable supernatural events like....(edited out)...

Jack was mostly just Repairman Jack. So I liked it best.

I finished CrissCross a week or two back and have to agree, one of the best Jack books. But it still doesn't pass The Tomb for me. To me, it can't be beaten! Love that book!

KRW
mike36799   05-01-2005, 02:44 AM
I'm still a believer in The Tomb, but after that I give CrissCross 2nd place Big Grin
SteveBlack   07-20-2005, 07:48 PM
I just finished Crisscross five minutes ago and it has pushed All The Rage into 2nd place - an impossible feat or so I thought. Crisscross is such a well plotted book - flawless!

I've read three RJs in a row so I'm going to take a short break to read the new Harry Potter then it's Infernal-a-go-go!!

Steve
Paul R   07-21-2005, 07:34 PM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:I loved I'm changing my work hours to part time in a couple months so hopefully I'll have time then to read even more!
Now that's dedication... going part time just to concentrate on reading FPW books! Big Grin
BK Akitas   07-22-2005, 02:24 AM
Justifinished Crisscross myself. Man, I hate things that don't fit. Got two questions about Crisscross.

1) Ms Roselli (aka Mom) outright told Jack about the Compendium, describing it as a rare old book of evil and that it was in Brady's hands. Jack saw this book with Brady when he glammed it up for Cordova, so my question is, why didn't our super duper oh so slick hero put one and one together and go get that book?

2) A point was definitely made about restoring deleted information on computers. Jack knew Jamie was going to start writing up her article. Why did he never contact The Light and tell them to use one of those recall programs on Jamie's computer?

And I know I saw a problem line but I can't think right now- something outta whack in a prior story or timeline, I always seem to catch there but I'll look for it tomorrow (missed my calling, should have been an editor for book, mags, movies- always catch the mistakes)

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
t4terrific   07-22-2005, 02:30 AM
KRW Wrote:I finished CrissCross a week or two back and have to agree, one of the best Jack books. But it still doesn't pass The Tomb for me. To me, it can't be beaten! Love that book!

KRW

I have to agree about The Tomb. Repairman Jack, in The Tomb, was one of the best characters of all time.
Pages (3): 1 2 3