thisisatest   04-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Steve D
Saw Kung Fu Hustle last night with the galfriend. She wanted to see The Interpreter, but I won the coin flip. And glad I did. I haven't laughed so hard since I saw Airplane as a kid. KFH has the right blend of satire, action flick, and homage to the very thing it makes fun of: Kung Fu flicks. Throw in some spaghetti western spoofs, a pinch of The Roadrunner cartoons, and you've got KFH. I'll be seeing it again tomorrow. I laughed so hard that I missed many of the jokes. Now I've got to find Shaolin Soccer. Oh, and the galfriend sorta/kinda liked it too.

On another note: Wasn't there a KFH thread already? This is the second time I've searched for a thread that is no longer there.

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
KRW   04-25-2005, 10:47 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
Saw Kung Fu Hustle last night with the galfriend. She wanted to see The Interpreter, but I won the coin flip. And glad I did. I haven't laughed so hard since I saw Airplane as a kid. KFH has the right blend of satire, action flick, and homage to the very thing it makes fun of: Kung Fu flicks. Throw in some spaghetti western spoofs, a pinch of The Roadrunner cartoons, and you've got KFH. I'll be seeing it again tomorrow. I laughed so hard that I missed many of the jokes. Now I've got to find Shaolin Soccer. Oh, and the galfriend sorta/kinda liked it too.

On another note: Wasn't there a KFH thread already? This is the second time I've searched for a thread that is no longer there.

I was telling the board about how much I like "Shoulin Soccer" and Kenji came back and said I would love "Kung Fu Hustle!" Glad to hear I won't be dissapointed! Was it in the theatres?

KRW
thisisatest   04-26-2005, 04:10 PM
KRW Wrote:I was telling the board about how much I like "Shoulin Soccer" and Kenji came back and said I would love "Kung Fu Hustle!" Glad to hear I won't be dissapointed! Was it in the theatres?

KRW

Steve D
KFH has been playing on the west coast for two weeks now. Limited release the first week, and came in number 5 in the top ten list the second week.

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
thisisatest   04-27-2005, 04:34 PM
I'll be seeing it again tomorrow.

Steve D
Saw Kung Fu Hustle again last night. Smaller, less noisy crowd, so I caught more of the jokes I didn't get the first time around. Definitely a DVD keeper.

Watch for the "steppie toes" scenes.

And based on some Google time, I found that the director has a few other similar movies (besides Shaolin Soccer) made, and according to one quote, Kung Fu Hustle is tame compared to the earlier stuff. Yikes! This I've got to see.

XiaoYu   05-04-2005, 01:07 PM
To celebrate the end of my freakin' long semester, I'm gonna go see this this weekend with friends. Big Grin I was told it's really funny, and there are some very nice action sequences. I'm most curious about the homages and little references to other martial arts stories that people caught in the movie. I'm wondering if I'll be able to catch them too.

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
law dawg   05-06-2005, 01:42 AM
Saw Kung Fu Hustle again last night. Smaller, less noisy crowd, so I caught more of the jokes I didn't get the first time around. Definitely a DVD keeper.

Watch for the "steppie toes" scenes.

And based on some Google time, I found that the director has a few other similar movies (besides Shaolin Soccer) made, and according to one quote, Kung Fu Hustle is tame compared to the earlier stuff. Yikes! This I've got to see.
What a great flic!!! I most enjoyed the chase scene with the wife and the would-be robber after the cobras did their work. Classic!

BTW, did you catch the Untouchables reference? gods there were so many references in that movie....
neotank   08-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Just watched this last night. Great movie. The visuals are fantastic.

Any one who is a fan of martial arts films should definatle see it.
law dawg   08-28-2005, 12:42 PM
KRW Wrote:I was telling the board about how much I like "Shoulin Soccer" and Kenji came back and said I would love "Kung Fu Hustle!" Glad to hear I won't be dissapointed! Was it in the theatres?

KRW
I saw it in the theater and almost fell out of my chair a couple of times. I will certainly be buying this one ASAP. I also need to buy Constantine, which I also liked, and Sin City, which I didn't get to see. I should look good my projector - 110 inches of viewing glory.
KRW   08-28-2005, 07:24 PM
law dawg Wrote:I saw it in the theater and almost fell out of my chair a couple of times. I will certainly be buying this one ASAP. I also need to buy Constantine, which I also liked, and Sin City, which I didn't get to see. I should look good my projector - 110 inches of viewing glory.

Check out the soccer movie. It has the same actors, great speciel effects, and had me in stitches! I'm not kidding, you'll love it!

KRW