Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Scott Hajek   04-20-2005, 01:36 PM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:I haven't read Soft and Others, just Barrens and Others. So, of those my favorites are Faces and Barrens. Faces is a great story, something original from an overworked genre.

Do yourself a huge favor. Find "Soft and Others." Trust me, you won't regret any effort tracking it down.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
stacyzinda123   04-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Do yourself a huge favor. Find "Soft and Others." Trust me, you won't regret any effort tracking it down.
I'll have to do that. It's on my wish list with a couple web sites, but there was usually something else I wanted more so it kept getting pushed back. I'll get it soon though. Short stories are perfect reading when there's not enough time to get into a novel and we're about to have a million things going on (moving, etc) so another short story anthology will be perfect!
Lisa   04-20-2005, 02:17 PM
I like Cuts. And I also like Offshore (I think that's the title).

Lisa
Susan   04-20-2005, 02:45 PM
It's hard to pick a favorite. I think it's a two-way tie between A Day in the Life and Aftershock.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Scott Miller   04-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Although I now know that "Pard" was just an excerpt from Healer, my first exposure to it was as a short story/novella at the end of The Tery, and it blew away my little mind.

As far as official short stories are concerned, I am partial to Barrens and Others over Soft and Others. My favorites are "Pelts", "Faces"' "A Day in the Life" and "Topsy." At least I think the story of the obese patient is "Topsy".

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
horsecow   04-20-2005, 04:38 PM
where to begin....

menage a trois is up there. so is faces, tenants, the barrens, and lipidleggin'...but i think my fave has to be buckets. halfway thru that story, i found myself thinking "nah...this cant' be going where i think it is..." and then it did. thank god dubya doesn't know how to read, otherwise he'd probably try and use that story for his anti-abortion crusade.
Dave   04-21-2005, 06:16 AM
I'd have to go with Soft. That story had so much going on beyond the events in the story itself. It sent chills down my back.

Dave
Scott Hajek   04-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Dave Wrote:I'd have to go with Soft. That story had so much going on beyond the events in the story itself. It sent chills down my back.

Dave

Just as long as you don't get that "puddling" feeling in your bones...

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Dave   04-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Just as long as you don't get that "puddling" feeling in your bones...

Hnnnnnn. Stop, you're making me break out in a sweat.

Dave
KRW   04-22-2005, 12:47 AM
For some reason, I've always liked "The Tenth Toe". Maybe , I just like westerns. Wink
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6