Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6
luthie2   12-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Paperchaser Wrote:How cool is this? a Repairman Jack website not only dedicated to a kick azz fictional favorite of mine but one of the best author's ever! Defenitely Legacies would have to be my favorite due to the fact that there wasn't much mystical element going on in the book (although the concept of the otherness is awesome to me as well). PLus the fact it was the first book to pop my repairman jack cherry. So hello to all of you. Didnt it suck when the Japanese dude got clipped at the end? I thought he would at least get some secret asian agent moves in on Bakers crew.

Welcome to the board, Paperchaser! Smile

-Luthie
XiaoYu   12-12-2007, 03:11 AM
Paperchaser Wrote:How cool is this? a Repairman Jack website not only dedicated to a kick azz fictional favorite of mine but one of the best author's ever! Defenitely Legacies would have to be my favorite due to the fact that there wasn't much mystical element going on in the book (although the concept of the otherness is awesome to me as well). PLus the fact it was the first book to pop my repairman jack cherry. So hello to all of you. Didnt it suck when the Japanese dude got clipped at the end? I thought he would at least get some secret asian agent moves in on Bakers crew.
Hey and welcome! Legacies got me hooked on Jack too. After Legacies I absolutely had to read more, so I got The Tomb and struggled a bit with the supernatural stuff because I hadn't realized Jack was originally associated with that, and Legacies is actually the odd novel in the series. But through all the Jack books out so far, the sci-fi has built up really well and the realistic fix-its are still as awesome as ever, so it's really hard to pick a favorite now. I really liked All The Rage and for some reason adore the explanation that pulls many things together at the end of Bloodlines. Science and the supernatural mix so well in Jack's world.

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
Sigokat   12-12-2007, 07:37 AM

Legacies was my first introduction to RJ as well...very cool. I just started the Advesary Cycle so I'm holding off on the rest of RJ books (I'm at Infernal now) until I finish up to Nightworld.

Oh and lay off The Otherness...its mine...I have the jersey to prove it.

Sig

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Viktor   12-21-2007, 07:17 PM
I'd have to go with Nightworld.... the new revised version makes me quite happy.... for various reason which i will not state, because i don't wanna ruin it for everyone.... i read the original version and the new version and it will still keep you in suspense...... oh yes... go get it now.... if you haven't.... really. trust me.
palsunstar   12-22-2007, 01:01 AM
I am in the process, through abebooks.com & other sources, of playing catch-up with my F. Paul Wilson reading. The last book that I purchased (upon it's original PB release) was Legacies (and that one disappeared after I loaned it to someone...ARGH!), but I'll be getting that one again & every book up to the present.

Anyway, prior to Legacies I purchased all of Mr. Wilson's Adversary Cycle novels (of course, I believe this was before they called them the Adversary Cycle, but I may be wrong about that).

My favorite F. Paul Wilson book up to that point was Nightworld (the first iteration) & I can tell you that when I later learned that Mr. Wilson pretty much refuses to do a follow up (although the video game version, if it ever comes to fruition, is supposed to do some sort of follow up), I was highly disappointed.

So, perhaps I will change my mind about my favorite F. Paul Wilson novel after I play catch up...and I have a LOT of catching up to do, don't I!

I'm thinking of starting all over from scratch, starting with The Keep...and if time permits I will do some fan-reviews to share with everyone here...if that's not too presumptuous of me... Big Grin

~Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6