Pages (2): 1 2   
Maggers   04-16-2005, 11:25 PM
I just saw "Sahara" and enjoyed it. Not the greatest action movie, but it had lots of non stop action and, OMG, the MOST incredible body on a male actor that I have ever seen. Thank you Matthew McConaughey! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you....oh my!

I also loved the trailers for "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" and "The War of the Worlds." A good trailer gets me so excited; it makes the movie experience extra special.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Lisa   04-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Maggers Wrote:I just saw "Sahara" and enjoyed it. Not the greatest action movie, but it had lots of non stop action and, OMG, the MOST incredible body on a male actor that I have ever seen. Thank you Matthew McConaughey! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you....oh my!

Dang it, Maggers. I don't even like Matthew McConaughey and you got me excited for the movie anyway. Good job!

Lisa
DaveStrorm   04-16-2005, 11:41 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by it. I've read all the Pitt books and knew the movie would take some liberties (which it did) so my expectations were pretty low. But there was plenty of action and a decent enough version of the story to make it fun. And a good soundtrack. No comment on M.M.'s physique - Penelope Cruz's on the other hand . . . Big Grin

'Ditto' Maggers on the trailers. I'm pretty excited about WOTW - loved the trailer. I've never read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy but I've heard enough of my friends talk about it over the years to get the gist. And the trailer did look interesting.
Medusa   04-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Maggers isn't kidding! We saw it last night. Matthew is hot! I usually don't think he's all that but in this . . wow! The trailers were great too. When I first heard about War of the Worlds I first thought, oh no ANOTHER remake. But this actually looks good!
jimbow8   04-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Medusa Wrote:Maggers isn't kidding! We saw it last night. Matthew is hot! I usually don't think he's all that but in this . . wow! The trailers were great too. When I first heard about War of the Worlds I first thought, oh no ANOTHER remake. But this actually looks good!
Did you gals see Reign of Fire? MM was pretty buffed out in that one too......not that I noticed Wink

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Medusa   04-17-2005, 10:07 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Did you gals see Reign of Fire? MM was pretty buffed out in that one too......not that I noticed Wink
You mean where Matthew McConaughey playing Woody Harrelson in Natural Born Killer playing Van Zant in Reign of Fire? hee hee That's what my husband always says about that part.
Maggers   04-17-2005, 10:32 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Did you gals see Reign of Fire? MM was pretty buffed out in that one too......not that I noticed Wink

LOL, Jim. Yes, I saw "Reign of Fire" and I liked it, a lot. That's cuz I'm nutsy about Christian Bale and CANNOT wait unitl the new Batman movie opens. MM was nicely buff in "Reign," but nothing like what he is in "Sahara." In "Sahara", the contrast between his super tanned skin and his WHITE teeth was striking. I've never seen teeth that white.

All in all, in "Sahara" MM is the stuff of dreams.....oh my!

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Keith the Elder   04-17-2005, 10:49 PM
MM would be perfect for Jack. He is so non-descript from film to film, I never recognize him. I Say to Sweetie "This new guy is pretty decent, and she reminds me of several films we saw recently with him in them. Put me down for MM as a strong contender for Jack.
Ken Valentine   04-17-2005, 11:14 PM
Maggers Wrote:I just saw "Sahara" and enjoyed it. Not the greatest action movie, but it had lots of non stop action and, OMG, the MOST incredible body on a male actor that I have ever seen. Thank you Matthew McConaughey! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you....oh my!

I also loved the trailers for "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" and "The War of the Worlds." A good trailer gets me so excited; it makes the movie experience extra special.

When I saw the title of this thread, the first thing that went through my mind (or what passes for one) was Humphrey Bogart, 1943.

Ken V.
Maggers   04-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:MM would be perfect for Jack. He is so non-descript from film to film, I never recognize him. I Say to Sweetie "This new guy is pretty decent, and she reminds me of several films we saw recently with him in them. Put me down for MM as a strong contender for Jack.

I could live with him as Jack; MM would need to lose the southern accent, but he could do it.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (2): 1 2