Biggles   05-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:RECO:US:2

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Maggers   05-11-2005, 09:25 AM
I have this WWW hardcover in an ex-library version, not for the collector, I know, but it suits me. Was inexpensive, too.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

fpw   05-11-2005, 12:17 PM
WWW doesn't show up very often -- ex-lib or not.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Lisa   05-11-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey Maggers, my WWW is an ex-library edition as well. I can't remember where I got it, though.

Lisa
Biggles   05-11-2005, 05:18 PM
fpw Wrote:WWW doesn't show up very often -- ex-lib or not.

Jimbow won the auction, it seems, so that's great. I happen to have an extra WWW first. I'll have to see if it's ex-library or not. I bought two on eBay last year by accident (bidding in too damned many auctions at once). I would entertain a trade for anyone interested.* I'm not interested in making a profit.

*I just noticed that this was inartfully expressed. You know what I mean.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
jimbow8   05-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Biggles Wrote:Jimbow won the auction, it seems, so that's great. I happen to have an extra WWW first. I'll have to see if it's ex-library or not. I bought two on eBay last year by accident (bidding in too damned many auctions at once). I would entertain a trade for anyone interested.* I'm not interested in making a profit.

*I just noticed that this was inartfully expressed. You know what I mean.
Yeah, I got this because I don't have a copy and this seemed like a reasonable price (I'm not a collector, like some of you). It states in the comments that this is a library copy also. I wished I'd known about your extra copy. Oh well! What I really need to get is a good copy of The Select since it is probably my favorite other* FPW book...... Ooooh, or Sibs, that one's good, too..... or...... (I could go on and on with this Smile )

*not RJ or AC

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   05-11-2005, 05:48 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Yeah, I got this because I don't have a copy and this seemed like a reasonable price (I'm not a collector, like some of you). It states in the comments that this is a library copy also. I wished I'd known about your extra copy. Oh well! What I really need to get is a good copy of The Select since it is probably my favorite other* FPW book...... Ooooh, or Sibs, that one's good, too..... or...... (I could go on and on with this Smile )

*not RJ or AC

I've managed to get good hard cover copies of just about every one of FPW's books, with the exception of "An Enemy of the State," and I have that on order at amazon. That's a new version, and I'm not sure if they will actually be able to ship it; we'll see. They blew it for me once already.

But I've seen lots of hard cover versions on ebay and amazon of "The Select" and "Sibs." Maybe not lots of "Sibs," but lots of "The Select."

I have a nice little collection for someone who is not a collector. They may not be first editions or worth money to anyone else, but they mean the world to me!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   05-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Maggers Wrote:I've managed to get good hard cover copies of just about every one of FPW's books, with the exception of "An Enemy of the State," and I have that on order at amazon. That's a new version, and I'm not sure if they will actually be able to ship it; we'll see. They blew it for me once already.

But I've seen lots of hard cover versions on ebay and amazon of "The Select" and "Sibs." Maybe not lots of "Sibs," but lots of "The Select."

I have a nice little collection for someone who is not a collector. They may not be first editions or worth money to anyone else, but they mean the world to me!

Pretty much the same with me. I want hard backs because, over the years, I've had paper back books fall apart on me.

Ken V.
cyber-jack   05-12-2005, 11:48 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Ooooh, or Sibs, that one's good, too..... or...... (I could go on and on with this Smile )

*not RJ or AC

One of my best finds ever was a First Edition Sibs from Dark Harvest, in perfect condition for $11 at a small used book store in Arliington Heights, IL. Paul signed it a some convention in Des Moines about a year later.

That little book store has since gone out of business, but I grabbed a lot of great deals from them over the years, including about twenty Arkham House titles for between $4 and $5 each! I prompty sold these on Ebay for huge profits...