Ron_C   04-11-2005, 12:40 AM
Call me an anal engineer, but it leapt out at me: someplace in the HC edition Gateways, the (ex) CA firm "Arthur Andersen" gets a mention, except it's been spelt "Anderson" (guess who once got pulled up for making the same mistake ;-) Still time to fix for the mass market edition, or would anyone care?

Ron
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Ron_C Wrote:Call me an anal engineer, but it leapt out at me: someplace in the HC edition Gateways, the (ex) CA firm "Arthur Andersen" gets a mention, except it's been spelt "Anderson" (guess who once got pulled up for making the same mistake ;-) Still time to fix for the mass market edition, or would anyone care?

Ron

Howdy-doo, Ron. Yeah, this has been dicsussed on the Old Board--why are Paul's books so full of stuff any comptetant proofreader could have caught? You tell me, we'll both be wise. I don't know. I'm guessing the Otherness at work. Don't want the truth to come out!
Snake   04-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Ron_C Wrote:Call me an anal engineer, but it leapt out at me: someplace in the HC edition Gateways, the (ex) CA firm "Arthur Andersen" gets a mention, except it's been spelt "Anderson" (guess who once got pulled up for making the same mistake ;-) Still time to fix for the mass market edition, or would anyone care?

Ron

I don't know much about anal engineering, but I know "spelt" is not a word.

The Gauntlet titles are particularly full of typos...not sure if this is Barry Hoffman's lack of proofing the titles he puts out or what, but I have not noticed the same mistakes in the paperbacks I've read.
Maggers   04-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Snake Wrote:I don't know much about anal engineering, but I know "spelt" is not a word.

Actually, "spelt" is acceptable as an alternate spelling of the past tense and part participle of spell.

Spelt is also a hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

stacyzinda123   04-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Maggers Wrote:Actually, "spelt" is acceptable as an alternate spelling of the past tense and part participle of spell.

Spelt is also a hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe.
LOL! Thanks for that tidbit, Maggers. Wink
cyber-jack   04-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Spelt may be a word, but I don't think it's use could be deemed acceptable, unless, of course you happen to be an inbred hillbilly.

Snake-maybe you should consult dictionary.com for all your knowledge like some of the other self rightous, pompous people on this board...
Lisa   04-14-2005, 10:45 PM
cyber-jack Wrote:Spelt may be a word, but I don't think it's use could be deemed acceptable, unless, of course you happen to be an inbred hillbilly.

1. He could be from the UK or Australia, where the word is in much more common use.

2. You spelled "its" wrong.

3. You misused a comma.

Love,
Lisa
Ken Valentine   04-15-2005, 12:35 AM
Lisa Wrote:1. He could be from the UK or Australia, where the word is in much more common use.

2. You spelled "its" wrong.

3. You misused a comma.

Love,
Lisa

Also Canada.

Ken V.