Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Maggers   04-14-2005, 05:05 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D

.... Of course, Jack has his devious side, as with the tires from the helicopter...

I see that stroke of genius as affirmation of Jack's creativity rather than deviousness.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

law dawg   04-15-2005, 02:58 AM
Maggers Wrote:I see that stroke of genius as affirmation of Jack's creativity rather than deviousness.
Can one not be creative and devious at the same time?
Maggers   04-15-2005, 01:49 PM
law dawg Wrote:Can one not be creative and devious at the same time?

Yes, you are absolutely correct.

Morally speaking, though, I see Jack as anything but devious. He is a straight shooter in terms of how he sees right and wrong, and I generally agree with him.

His lifestyle is certainly fraught with deviousness, though. Wink

But no matter what, Jack has to be one of the most creative characters I know.

Of course that means FPW is AMAZINGLY creative! Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

law dawg   04-15-2005, 06:01 PM
Maggers Wrote:Yes, you are absolutely correct.

Morally speaking, though, I see Jack as anything but devious. He is a straight shooter in terms of how he sees right and wrong, and I generally agree with him.
Ah, I see now. Your definition of devious implies some moral vagaries whereas mine does not. I find devious to mean something more along the lines of tricky or clever.

In fact I often say devious with envy and respect in my voice, but then again I may be sociopathic so take all that with a grain of salt. Wink
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-16-2005, 09:43 PM
KRW Wrote:You guys do what you have to do their, and I 'll do what I have to do in Arizona. As soon as we have cross contenintal travel, I''ll meet you at Bull McKabes to swap stories! Big Grin How'd that be?

KRW

Sounds mighty good. And Bull's is just the place to slake the mighty thirst we'll be sure to work up. First round's on me.
KRW   04-16-2005, 10:11 PM
law dawg Wrote:Ah, I see now. Your definition of devious implies some moral vagaries whereas mine does not.

She actually said, "Morally speaking, though, I see Jack as anything but devious."

KRW
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4