Pages (2):    1 2
Marc   04-17-2005, 05:03 PM
basti007 Wrote:Programming shouldn't be the problem. As long as it doesn't need any special VR or real-time 3D programming, i think even i could do it (the Interfilm's are just multiple choice anyway - that could be established in any authoring software.

I wasn't talking about editing. What I was referring to was someone to handle the multiple choice angle of the media. It all depends on how someone would want to do the project, be it on-line or otherwise.

The easiest way would be to put up a sequence until the viewer needs to choose the outcome. Wait a week for the audience to cast their vote and then post the sequence they want to see. No programming would be required for that.

Now, if you wanted to have a streaming video with the audience choosing what happens on the spot that would require some sort of web programming. The audience casts their vote, the program sees what the popular outcome is, and then it moves onto that sequence.

The first would be the easiest. The second is more complicated and is closer to what Paul was talking about, though it's still not exactly the same and, in the end, probably wouldn't be worth the trouble unless you could get a huge marketing compaign out there to promote it.
jimbow8   04-17-2005, 10:17 PM
There is an interactive movie out there already:
Scourge of Worlds: A Dungeons and Dragons Adventure
Quote:Long ago, the ultimate weapon -- called the Scourge of the Worlds -- was designed to destroy all evil in the world. Now, the Scourge is about to fall into the wrong hands, and it's up to three heroes to save society. This interactive movie combines the legend of Dungeons and Dragons with 3-D technology, allowing the viewer to choose what happens next. More than 20 decision points, 900 story combinations and four endings are made possible here.

A friend of mine saw it and recommended it for its unique approach; I haven't rented it yet.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
basti007   04-18-2005, 10:15 AM
There are much more interactive movies out there already... on DVD you can get interactive movies like "Silent Steel", "Tender Loving Care", "Point of View", "Phantom of Inferno", "Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective", "Dracula Unleashed" and many more..... and on CD-ROM of course, there are hundreds - only to mention some of the movie adventure games out there (like Phantasmagoria or Tex Murphy...)

If you're interessted, check out: http://www.interactivemovies.org

Quote:I wasn't talking about editing. What I was referring to was someone to handle the multiple choice angle of the media.

Yeah, i understood you (probably my english is just to bad Wink ). As said: If you use authoring software like Director or FGX, one could have done Bombmeister in no time, as it's just decisions to offer with probably some timeout-functions, which is really not difficult.

Quote:Now, if you wanted to have a streaming video with the audience choosing what happens on the spot that would require some sort of web programming. The audience casts their vote, the program sees what the popular outcome is, and then it moves onto that sequence.

Programming it online for the web would be a little more complicated, but not much, i guess. However, i would prefer having it as download exectuable - the footage is just to good to stream. Wink

Quote:The first would be the easiest. The second is more complicated and is closer to what Paul was talking about, though it's still not exactly the same and, in the end, probably wouldn't be worth the trouble unless you could get a huge marketing compaign out there to promote it.

Yes, i know - i just played a little bit with it in my mind, if the footage would be open to anyone... then i would be the first to edit and program it - be it either online or as offline game... never mind, i guess, the rights to the footage will rot in some studios cellar. Sad
This post was last modified: 04-18-2005, 10:23 AM by basti007.
Pages (2):    1 2