Pages (2):    1 2
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-12-2005, 12:46 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Nora Roberts?!?! Well if thats the cure then I am staying sick my man.

A textbook example of a cure being worse than the disease!
Medusa   04-12-2005, 08:13 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Nora Roberts?!?! Well if thats the cure then I am staying sick my man.
Yeah, but the In Death series she writes as J.D. Robb are awesome. I'm hooked on those too. Oh wait, I'm not hooked on anything. I can stop anytime I want. The mail's here! Is that a new book for me?
Biggles   04-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Medusa Wrote:I'm not a junkie! I don't look on Ebay EVERY day for a new F. Paul Wilson book. Well, at least not twice a day!

Same here. I only have four saved searches on eBay for FPW's stuff. I don't have to check every day (because I'm emailed when new stuff comes out). Sure, his stuff is primo $h!t, but I can put down any time!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
KRW   04-13-2005, 02:13 AM
If it's possible, JUST PUMP IT STRAIT INTO MY VEINS!!!! Ha Ha HA! Oh, what a rush!

KRW

If you think I'm overreacting, then you apperantly don't know Jack!!!

Or Mr. Wilson! (credit where credit is due) Big Grin
Jay #1   04-13-2005, 05:34 AM
Those are good books. I've read them all except the most recent one.

Medusa Wrote:Yeah, but the In Death series she writes as J.D. Robb are awesome. I'm hooked on those too. Oh wait, I'm not hooked on anything. I can stop anytime I want. The mail's here! Is that a new book for me?
matthewsmommy   04-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Well, here's the thing. I um. . . . . . sort of. . . . . .well, I. . . . .um. . . . . .tried the 12 step thing, but. . . . . . . . . . I may have. . . . .kind of. . . . . . . Okay, DAMMIT! I cheated, okay? What the hell? It's not like I have a problem! Sad You people get too friggin serious about this stuff.

Yep, I'm an addict. I know what will happen everytime I get a new book. I'll tear into it, stopping only for Matthew (I'm legally required to feed him). I can't stop reading even though I know I'm only going to regret finishing the book. I hate finishing an FPW book. It leaves me wanting MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!
jimbow8   04-13-2005, 09:59 PM
matthewsmommy Wrote:Well, here's the thing. I um. . . . . . sort of. . . . . .well, I. . . . .um. . . . . .tried the 12 step thing, but. . . . . . . . . . I may have. . . . .kind of. . . . . . . Okay, DAMMIT! I cheated, okay? What the hell? It's not like I have a problem! Sad You people get too friggin serious about this stuff.

Yep, I'm an addict. I know what will happen everytime I get a new book. I'll tear into it, stopping only for Matthew (I'm legally required to feed him). I can't stop reading even though I know I'm only going to regret finishing the book. I hate finishing an FPW book. It leaves me wanting MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!
You have to feed?...ummm.....oh, so that's what happened. I thought she was sleeping.... ummmm ... never mind, I didn't say anything.

*slinks away quietly*

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Medusa   04-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:Those are good books. I've read them all except the most recent one.
Survivor in Death? I already got and read it! Great book! One of the best. I'm waiting on the new one - Origin in Death. Have you read Remember When?
Jay #1   04-14-2005, 06:02 AM
yep.

A friend of mine caught me reading one of her books... and asked, "Why is a guy reading romance?" I told him that authors are capable of writing other series. Take Alan Dean Foster for example. He's written a couple of straight mystery novels with only a slight hint of science fiction to them. Despite the fact that he's always been a sci-fi/ and occasional fantasy writer

Medusa Wrote:Survivor in Death? I already got and read it! Great book! One of the best. I'm waiting on the new one - Origin in Death. Have you read Remember When?
All Thumbs   04-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Hmm...let's see. I went to the library last night and picked up Gateways and Nightworld. Naw, I'm not addicted at all!
Pages (2):    1 2