Pages (2): 1 2   
Maggers   04-11-2005, 05:38 PM
This question was prompted by another thread.

Are you ADDICTED to F. Paul Wilson's works, any and all of them? Do gotta have 'em? Can't get enough? Get short of breath and dizzy thinking of life without 'em?

Raise your hand or post a note...

(*standing and looking not as contrite as an addict should*)

Hi, my name is Maggers and I'm addicted to FPW. Well, maybe not to him, personally even though he is a really neat guy, but to everything he's ever created, with the exception of his children!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   04-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Maggers Wrote:This question was prompted by another thread.

Are you ADDICTED to F. Paul Wilson's works, any and all of them? Do gotta have 'em? Can't get enough? Get short of breath and dizzy thinking of life without 'em?

To me, FPW's works are like chocolate; I can live without it, but life is so much more pleasant if I don't have to. Big Grin

Ken V.
The Mad American   04-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:To me, FPW's works are like chocolate; I can live without it, but life is so much more pleasant if I don't have to. Big Grin

Ken V.

Well put Ken. That about sums up my feelings on FPW as well.

But on the plus side Maggers, admitting you are an addict is the first step to recovery. Big Grin

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-11-2005, 06:19 PM

Raise your hand or post a note...

(*standing and looking not as contrite as an addict should*)

Hi, my name is Maggers and I'm addicted to FPW. Well, maybe not to him, personally even though he is a really neat guy, but to everything he's ever created, with the exception of his children!

"Look, man, it's not a =problem.= Not like you're sayin', man. Like I'm some kind of fucking...what, junkie? Is that it? Is that what you're fucking trying to say, man? That's what you want me to tell you? I'm a fucking junkie? So I like to have a little fun once in awhile. So what? What's the big deal? I can =handle= it, man. I can fucking =handle= it. It is not a big fucking =deal=, man. So get off my back, man. Just get off my fucking =back.=" (And that's Bluesman Mike here live in the courthouse on Centre Street, talking to his lawyer, clearly--according to experts--"his jones coming down hard" for INFERNAL. And, in a related story, there's new talk in Congress about regulating the sale and distribution of Paul Wilson novels. Senator Hillary Clinton stopped short of calling for an outright ban today...)
This post was last modified: 04-12-2005, 02:59 AM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Keith the Elder   04-11-2005, 06:31 PM

ADDICTED, NO WAY.

Listen, I read him EVERY DAY and I haven't developed a habit.

Why I even logged off his message board once!

k the e
Maggers   04-11-2005, 06:54 PM
The Mad American Wrote:But on the plus side Maggers, admitting you are an addict is the first step to recovery. Big Grin

Awww....but I don't wanna recover! Wink

Just because I always have an FPW book in my bag, just because I scout NYC for RJ location shots and then post them on the web, just because I've begun attending every horror convention solely to hear FPW and no one else.... NO I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM! So bug off! Like Bluesman Mike says, I can handle it, man! :p
This post was last modified: 04-11-2005, 06:57 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Medusa   04-11-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm not a junkie! I don't look on Ebay EVERY day for a new F. Paul Wilson book. Well, at least not twice a day!
Jay #1   04-12-2005, 04:28 AM
*blinks* We want to recover?

The Mad American Wrote:Well put Ken. That about sums up my feelings on FPW as well.

But on the plus side Maggers, admitting you are an addict is the first step to recovery. Big Grin
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-12-2005, 05:07 AM
Maggers Wrote:Awww....but I don't wanna recover! Wink

Just because I always have an FPW book in my bag, just because I scout NYC for RJ location shots and then post them on the web, just because I've begun attending every horror convention solely to hear FPW and no one else.... NO I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM! So bug off! Like Bluesman Mike says, I can handle it, man! :p

You're in denial, Maggers. We're all in denial. That's the problem. We gotta face up to the facts. Won't be easy, but that's what we all gotta do. We gotta face up to the simple fact we all got a rakosh on our back. Move on from there. Seek out understanding professionals. Find strength in the Lord. Support each other. Help each other. Read nothing but Nora Roberts novels from now on...
This post was last modified: 04-12-2005, 05:13 AM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
The Mad American   04-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:You're in denial, Maggers. We're all in denial. That's the problem. We gotta face up to the facts. Won't be easy, but that's what we all gotta do. We gotta face up to the simple fact we all got a rakosh on our back. Move on from there. Seek out understanding professionals. Find strength in the Lord. Support each other. Help each other. Read nothing but Nora Roberts novels from now on...

Nora Roberts?!?! Well if thats the cure then I am staying sick my man.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Pages (2): 1 2