Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6
maxplay   04-13-2005, 08:11 PM
I love baseball movies! They also always choke me up... :o

SPOILERS

The classic ending for a baseball movie (not a romantic comedy with a baseball backdrop, like Fever Pitch) is with the final at bat. Kevin Costner going for the final out in his perfect game, Bernie Mac making a sac bunt for the team instead of trying to get his 3000th hit, Tom Berringer legging out the suicide squeeze...

My favorite baseball movie is The Natural, with Damn Yankees! a close second.
This post was last modified: 04-14-2005, 05:33 PM by maxplay.

Always Play the Max!
DaveStrorm   04-13-2005, 10:17 PM
maxplay Wrote:My favorite baseball movie is The Natural, with Damn Yankees! a close second.

Adding another musical, I also like Take Me Out To The Ball Game. It and Damn Yankees are my two favorite "fun" baseball movies. As for my overall favorite, it's a toss up between Field of Dreams and The Natural.
KRW   04-14-2005, 01:09 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:The extended version of Waterworld has only been shown on cable TV as far as I know. I keep waiting for them to release a Special Edition DVD. It has extra footage scattered throughout and a lengthy segment at the end.

I'll keep my eye out fot it. Cool

KRW
KRW   04-14-2005, 01:11 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:I'm glad to see that I'm not the only Costner fan out there. I won't defend all of his choices, The Bodyguard and The Postman were particularly bad, but he has more hits than misses. Thirteen Days, Tin Cup, The War, JFK, No Way Out, Silverado, and American Flyers are all movies I thought were better than average. And he is getting excellent reviews in The Upside of Anger playing an ex-major leaguer of all things.

I'll subject myself to all slings and arrows by saying that I actually enjoyed Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, bad accent and all.

I'm there with you, even with Robin Hood. Smile

KRW
KRW   04-14-2005, 01:21 AM
maxplay Wrote:I love baseball movies! They also always choke me up... :o

The classic ending for a baseball movie (not a romantic comedy with a baseball backdrop, like Fever Pitch) is with the final at bat. Kevin Costner going for the final out in his perfect game, Bernie Mac making a sac bunt for the team instead of trying to get his 3000th hit, Tom Berringer legging out the suicide squeeze...

My favorite baseball movie is The Natural, with Damn Yankees! a close second.

I'll agree with "The Natural" and thanks for spoiling "Mr. 3000" ( I haven't seen it yet, but I will) Wink
Kenji   04-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Sam Wrote:Surprised nobody has mentioned Mr. Baseball with Tom Selleck. I think Kenji would get a kick out of that one. It was more about Selleck's character than baseball itself but still a baseball movie.

Oh.....I'm sorry, Sam. Let me say one thing.(Or two things.....maybe three things)

I dislike that movie. Of course, Tom Selleck is good actor. P.I. Magnum is my favorite TV drama, and he was good acting in Runnaway.
Still, I can't understand why he did appearances in that bored movie "Mr.Baseball".

It was damn stupid movie. I mean, I'm talking about stereotyped Japanese people. That's wrong! Totally wrong. I felt too bad.... Sad
maxplay   04-14-2005, 05:30 PM
KRW Wrote:I'll agree with "The Natural" and thanks for spoiling "Mr. 3000" ( I haven't seen it yet, but I will) Wink

Oops! Sorry... :o

I can't believe I did that. (Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!)

I'll go back and put in some spoiler space.
This post was last modified: 04-14-2005, 05:34 PM by maxplay.

Always Play the Max!
Sam   04-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Kenji Wrote:Oh.....I'm sorry, Sam. Let me say one thing.(Or two things.....maybe three things)

I dislike that movie. Of course, Tom Selleck is good actor. P.I. Magnum is my favorite TV drama, and he was good acting in Runnaway.
Still, I can't understand why he did appearances in that bored movie "Mr.Baseball".

It was damn stupid movie. I mean, I'm talking about stereotyped Japanese people. That's wrong! Totally wrong. I felt too bad.... Sad

My apologies, Kenji. I didn't know the stereotyping was that bad. I know how Hollywood distorts things so I never take a movie seriously. I found the film mildly humorous and liked it. Just thought you'd laugh at it too. No harm intended. I apologize.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Kenji   04-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Sam Wrote:My apologies, Kenji. I didn't know the stereotyping was that bad. I know how Hollywood distorts things so I never take a movie seriously. I found the film mildly humorous and liked it. Just thought you'd laugh at it too. No harm intended. I apologize.

Sam, my friend. You don't need to apologize. I talked about movie, and I never condemn you. Wink

I like comedy,too. I said simply I dislike "Mr.Baseball". It seemed my opinion was harsh. It's I who have to apologize. :o
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6