Pages (2):    1 2
Kenji   04-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Dame Judi Dench, Joan Plowright, and Angela Lansbury. They are perfect! I guess Aunt Nelly will be one of them.

When I read "The Tomb", I imagined she is Shirley MacLaine. I know I know, she is not from England. But, well.......I imagined so!
Alan   04-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Benny Hill and Eddie Izzard
Paul R   04-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Alan Wrote:Benny Hill and Eddie Izzard
ROFL
Yes, I can see both of them as Vicky's aunts.
Ken Valentine   04-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Maggers Wrote:http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0305669/CT-7194.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0305669&seq=26

Joan Plowright is Mrs. Laurence Olivier, actually Dame Plowright is Baroness Olivier. She's a great character actress who was in "Tea with Mussolini," "Bringing Down the House," "Enchanted April" (which I loved), and many, many more.

It was she who I had in mind when reading about Vicky's aunts.

I think she'd be perfect!

Also, if they follow the book, we only get to see Nellie Patton anyway. Grace Westphalen was already taken by the Rakoshi . . . that's how the story opens.

The last time I saw Maggie Smith, was in the play PRIVATE LIVES, by Noel Coward. She's quite tall, and not at all my image of Nellie.

Ken V.
Mike   04-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Alan Wrote:Benny Hill and Eddie Izzard

Benny Hill is dead so how about Cloris Leachman and Eddie Izzard? Big Grin
Maggers   04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Eddie Izzard would be FABulous!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   04-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Maggers Wrote:Eddie Izzard would be FABulous!

I don't know about Eddie Izzard, so I checked in IMDB......Why is "he" Aunt? :confused:
Maggers   04-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Kenji Wrote:I don't know about Eddie Izzard, so I checked in IMDB......Why is "he" Aunt? :confused:

He is a very funny man, Kenji. His standup comedy is hysterical.

He is also a heterosexual man who likes to dress as a woman. His club acts and theater are done in drag more often than not. He's a cross-dresser and he likes it and so do his fans. On him it looks good. Big Grin

And he's funny!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   04-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Mike Wrote:Benny Hill is dead so how about Cloris Leachman and Eddie Izzard? Big Grin

I think we need an actor to play Benny Hill playing Grace! Big Grin

KRW
Medusa   04-02-2005, 01:36 AM
KRW Wrote:I think we need an actor to play Benny Hill playing Grace! Big Grin

KRW
You mean Victor-Victoria? lol
Pages (2):    1 2