Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6   
Bawp   11-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi there,

I'm currently working on a website that involves listing and detailing as many classic fictional villains I can think of - and one of those on the top of my list has to be Rasalom/Molasar. I read the majority of the adversary cycle (starting with the Keep) around four or five years back...however I never owned any of the books myself and now that I want to write an entry for Rasalom/Molasar I can't really remember all that much detail about him. The two appearances that stick out in my mind are his incarnation in the Keep and his role in Nightworld - but the details I can remember are too foggy to make a decent enough entry about him.

I know he's this ancient evil entity with immense power, but without the books I can't build up a great picture of him. So it would be great if the people on here could detail him a little more - his origins, his role throughout the adversary cycle etc. Additionally it would be great if people could throw up any memorable quotes about/said by him. Also any ideas on his darkest deed (I figured it was him turning Earth into a Night World) and his finest hour(possibly the same)?

I'll be sure to credit people's input - I just want to do this guy justice, and hopefully anyone who reads about him an interest in the adversary series and the RPJ series.

Also, if anyone has any more suggestions on villains who I should list, please let me know.

Anyway, thanks for your time,

~ Bawp
jimbow8   11-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the board, Bawp!

Bawp Wrote:Also, if anyone has any more suggestions on villains who I should list, please let me know.

~ Bawp
Dracula
Darth Vader
Sauron
The Crimson King

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
jimbow8   11-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Bawp Wrote:Also any ideas on his darkest deed (I figured it was him turning Earth into a Night World) and his finest hour(possibly the same)?
Don't forget what Sara Lom did to little Danny!!!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
KRW   11-09-2004, 09:57 PM
Bawp Wrote:Hi there,

I'm currently working on a website that involves listing and detailing as many classic fictional villains I can think of - and one of those on the top of my list has to be Rasalom/Molasar. I read the majority of the adversary cycle (starting with the Keep) around four or five years back...however I never owned any of the books myself and now that I want to write an entry for Rasalom/Molasar I can't really remember all that much detail about him. The two appearances that stick out in my mind are his incarnation in the Keep and his role in Nightworld - but the details I can remember are too foggy to make a decent enough entry about him.

I know he's this ancient evil entity with immense power, but without the books I can't build up a great picture of him. So it would be great if the people on here could detail him a little more - his origins, his role throughout the adversary cycle etc. Additionally it would be great if people could throw up any memorable quotes about/said by him. Also any ideas on his darkest deed (I figured it was him turning Earth into a Night World) and his finest hour(possibly the same)?

I'll be sure to credit people's input - I just want to do this guy justice, and hopefully anyone who reads about him an interest in the adversary series and the RPJ series.

Also, if anyone has any more suggestions on villains who I should list, please let me know.

~ Bawp

From what I remember in the Keep, Rasalom was a big guy with big strands of hair, and when he touched you it was like ice. Rasalom in Nightworld was stuck in the body of Steve and Carols offspring, all though he could alter it at will! But when he truley showed his face, it was in a darkness so thick, light could't even penetrate it. It made Nick go catatonic when he saw Rasalom like that.

As far as his worst act, The visions Carol has when she is pregnant with him about Vlad the Impaler I thought was pretty bad. Remember he gets more satisfaction out of getting humams to do atrocities to each other, than if he does them himself. Danny, being buried and alive for four or five years, and not dying really got to me!

His origins I think start at the same time Glaekens does. I think he volunteered to be the ambassodoer for the enemy. Remember, we have two players on this planet on oppossing sides. Rasalom for the Enemy and Glaeken for the Allie. He was also considered the father of the Rakosh, if I remember correctally.

Hope it helps, sounds like a cool project!

And Welcome to the board!

KRW
Bawp   11-10-2004, 05:41 AM
Thanks guys for the info and the welcome!

Quote:Dracula
Darth Vader
Sauron
The Crimson King

3 of those 4 or already in. Unbelievably I forgot Dracula. D'oh! I guess sometimes you forget the most obvious cos you're so busy adding the 'not-so-obvious'. Rolleyes I'm having a hard time writing about the Crimson King too...is it just me or does Stephen King actually tell us VERY little about this guy? :confused:

Quote: Remember he gets more satisfaction out of getting humams to do atrocities to each other, than if he does them himself. Danny, being buried and alive for four or five years, and not dying really got to me!

Could I get a little more info on what he did to Danny? I never read Reborn or Reprisal (trying to get a hold of them on ebay though) so I guess I missed out on some important stuff. If anyone could post a little text from one of the books about him, that'd be cool too (I think Mr. Wilson, at the end of the day, can write better about him than I could ever hope to!) However with the info you've already mentioned, his bio is starting to look a little more respectable!

Cheers!
Kenji   11-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Quote:Also, if anyone has any more suggestions on villains who I should list, please let me know.

~ Bawp

Welcome to the board, Bawp.

Villains? Hmmm........That's him! Hannibal Lecter !

jimbow8 Wrote:Dracula
Darth Vader
Sauron
The Crimson King

And, don't forget Randall Frag. Wink (The Stand, Wizard and glass, Eye of the dragon)
Bawp   11-10-2004, 07:44 AM
Got Dr. Lecter Wink

Hmmm...I only read of Flagg in Wizard and Glass - didn't realise he had been in those others (not read them..ooops) so I had him down as a mere henchman of the Crimson King...

Thanks all the same!
Kenji   11-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Bawp Wrote:Got Dr. Lecter Wink

Hmmm...I only read of Flagg in Wizard and Glass - didn't realise he had been in those others (not read them..ooops) so I had him down as a mere henchman of the Crimson King...

Thanks all the same!

Ahhh......is he Flagg? not Frag? Ooops! :p Still, sometimes I mistake "l" and "r"....

By the way, didn't you read "The Stand" yet? You should read this. I highly recommend it. Wink
Bawp   11-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Oh wait...maybe it is Frag? Man...I'm not sure. I'm useless at remembering names. I do *have* a copy of the Stand which I intended to read this semester...but I left it at home. So I'm going to try and read it over Christmas. Along with the Dark Tower, when I finally get my hands on it. Wink And, now that I have discovered Amazon sell FPW I'll probably be catching up with Jack's latest adventures too.
Kenji   11-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Bawp Wrote:Oh wait...maybe it is Frag? Man...I'm not sure. I'm useless at remembering names. I do *have* a copy of the Stand which I intended to read this semester...but I left it at home. So I'm going to try and read it over Christmas. Along with the Dark Tower, when I finally get my hands on it. Wink And, now that I have discovered Amazon sell FPW I'll probably be catching up with Jack's latest adventures too.

Randall Flagg, yes, this is correct.

My last Dark Tower series is Wizard and Glass. I don't know when I can read Wolves of Calla.....*sigh* Sad
Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6