Pages (8):    1 2 3 4 5 8   
Maggers   12-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Did you cut your hair? Sad

Ken V.

(In the interest of full disclothier . . . sounds good to me.) Big Grin

ROFL! No, Ken, my hair is longer than ever, half way down my back and crazy curly, strawberry blonde.

But I DO NOT look like any model that I've ever seen!!!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

the Oracle   12-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Maggers Wrote:How did you know that? Big Grin

Now if only I had someone coming down my chimney.... Wink

(Ye gads, did I say that out loud! :eek: )
Naughty Daughty! You are getting as bad as me...

Am I rubbing off on you??

Would you like me to?

(;

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
Maggers   12-03-2004, 06:03 PM
the Oracle Wrote:Naughty Daughty! You are getting as bad as me...

Am I rubbing off on you??

Would you like me to?

(;

Yes, you are rubbing off on me. Big Grin

And, as a result, I'm getting a DUBIOUS REPUTATION on this message board! :eek:

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   12-04-2004, 05:07 AM
Maggers Wrote:ROFL! No, Ken, my hair is longer than ever, half way down my back and crazy curly, strawberry blonde.

Oooh, strawberries . . .

My hair used to be wavy . . . most of it has long since waved goodby.

Quote:But I DO NOT look like any model that I've ever seen!!!

You probably look exactly like yerself . . . what more could you ask for?

Ken V.
Maggers   12-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Oooh, strawberries . . .

My hair used to be wavy . . . most of it has long since waved goodby.

You probably look exactly like yerself . . . what more could you ask for?

Ken V.

Ken, you are so sweet and funny!

Yes, indeed, I am the spitting image of myself. Who'da thunk it?

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Biggles   12-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Maggers Wrote:Yes, you are rubbing off on me. Big Grin

And, as a result, I'm getting a DUBIOUS REPUTATION on this message board! :eek:

Maggers:

A "Dubious" reputation is a GOOD thing! Don't you remember Romper Room (may have been before your time)? A DO BEE is good, and a DON'T BEE is bad. Thus a Dubious reputation would be good. All you have to do is avoid a Don'tbeous reputation!

Biggles

PS, I hope I'm not rubbing off on you, I think.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Maggers   12-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Biggles Wrote:Maggers:

A "Dubious" reputation is a GOOD thing! Don't you remember Romper Room (may have been before your time)? A DO BEE is good, and a DON'T BEE is bad. Thus a Dubious reputation would be good. All you have to do is avoid a Don'tbeous reputation!

Biggles

PS, I hope I'm not rubbing off on you, I think.

Oh, I remember "Romper Room" and that nutsy empty mirror Mrs. Romper Room, or whatever her name was, held in her hand. She'd look through it, directly at the camera, and say "I see Johnny and Mary and Sue" and on and on. And then warn us to DO BE A DO BEE and DON'T BE A DON'T BEE.

But, I can't diss her too much because, in my heart of hearts, I liked "Romper Room" a lot. I was what, 4? No accounting for taste at that age.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   12-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Maggers Wrote:Oh, I remember "Romper Room" and that nutsy empty mirror Mrs. Romper Room, or whatever her name was, held in her hand. She'd look through it, directly at the camera, and say "I see Johnny and Mary and Sue" and on and on. And then warn us to DO BE A DO BEE and DON'T BE A DON'T BEE.

But, I can't diss her too much because, in my heart of hearts, I liked "Romper Room" a lot. I was what, 4? No accounting for taste at that age.
Heck, I remember Romper Room, or maybe it was repeats. Remember Romper Stompers?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Biggles   12-06-2004, 07:33 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Heck, I remember Romper Room, or maybe it was repeats. Remember Romper Stompers?

I don't remember Romper Stompers. Must have been after my time. I was born in '55 Jim. What about you? (If you dare!).

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
jimbow8   12-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Biggles Wrote:I don't remember Romper Stompers. Must have been after my time. I was born in '55 Jim. What about you? (If you dare!).
Dec. 1970.

Romper Stompers were yellow plastic cylinders with a string attached that you would walk on.

[Image: romperroomtriple2.jpg]
That is the best (only) picture I could find.

Apparently it is also the name of a Russel Crowe movie from 1992. Anyone seen it?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (8):    1 2 3 4 5 8