Pages (2): 1 2   
Marc   03-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Stay away from this movie!!! Written and directed by the director of Akira, considered by many to be the turning point of anime in the States, Steamboy is nothing but pretty pictures. The characters are boring, the story non-existent, and a plot so... so... *sigh*

As my friend stated, "I could shit better crap." This takes the top spot on my list of absolutely horrible movies ranking up there with Operation Condor and Battlefield Earth, the only other two movies I've walked out of.

If anyone was thinking of seeing Steamboy think long and hard about the choice. It's two hours you'll never get back.
Jay #1   03-29-2005, 01:16 PM
You want something even worse? Operation Condor was, in Japan, Armour of The Gods II. Whereas Operation Condor II in the U.S. is Armour of the Gods number 1 in Japan. They goofed the order up.

Marc B. Wrote:Stay away from this movie!!! Written and directed by the director of Akira, considered by many to be the turning point of anime in the States, Steamboy is nothing but pretty pictures. The characters are boring, the story non-existent, and a plot so... so... *sigh*

As my friend stated, "I could shit better crap." This takes the top spot on my list of absolutely horrible movies ranking up there with Operation Condor and Battlefield Earth, the only other two movies I've walked out of.

If anyone was thinking of seeing Steamboy think long and hard about the choice. It's two hours you'll never get back.
Scott Hajek   03-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Stay away from this movie!!! Written and directed by the director of Akira, considered by many to be the turning point of anime in the States, Steamboy is nothing but pretty pictures. The characters are boring, the story non-existent, and a plot so... so... *sigh*

I am very disappointed. I loved, LOVED, Akira. Still do. I think that Otomo has such a great style. The Akira comic is fantastic and much more complete than the movie, but the movie was fantastic. I was hoping to see Steamboy, but I will wait for DVD. I won't feel as bad paying $3-5 for a rental that I can stop instead of $8-10 for a movie ticket.

I will wait because I do trust your opinions. Like Tony, you seem to be spot on with your movie critiques.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Marc   03-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I will wait because I do trust your opinions. Like Tony, you seem to be spot on with your movie critiques.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Smile
Scott Miller   03-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Stay away from this movie!!!

That is too bad, it looked like it had potential. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with finding Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Porco Rosso and Lupin III in my libraries until Howl's Moving Castle hits the theaters.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Jay #1   03-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Where did you find Lupin III? I've been looking all over. Though I'll tell you, the Lupin graphic novel I found at Barnes and Noble, makes him a little darker yet still humorous. He tends to kill cold bloodedly at times

Scott Miller Wrote:That is too bad, it looked like it had potential. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with finding Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Porco Rosso and Lupin III in my libraries until Howl's Moving Castle hits the theaters.
Marc   03-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:Where did you find Lupin III?

Don't know which version of Lupin III you're looking for but Right Stuf has a great anime selection. Here is what they have under Lupin III.
Scott Miller   03-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:Where did you find Lupin III? I've been looking all over. Though I'll tell you, the Lupin graphic novel I found at Barnes and Noble, makes him a little darker yet still humorous. He tends to kill cold bloodedly at times

What I do is search library databases. If they have a copy of whatever, anywhere, I have them deliver it to the branch nearest me and I waltz in to pick it up. If you are looking to purchase them, I would say online is your best bet. If you let me know what you are looking for, I'd be willing to search the stores I frequent.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Kenji   03-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Jay #1 Wrote:Where did you find Lupin III? I've been looking all over. Though I'll tell you, the Lupin graphic novel I found at Barnes and Noble, makes him a little darker yet still humorous. He tends to kill cold bloodedly at times

Lupin the 3rd is my favorite animation. I saw on TV, in theaters....he is most popular comic character in Japan. Especially, I recommend this to you, The Castle of Cagliostro.
Kenji   03-30-2005, 09:34 AM

Oh, you dissapointed about Steamboy? It's too bad. Sorry. So.....how about this? Did you see Appleseed? If you like Akira, perhaps you'll like it.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independen...eseed.html
Pages (2): 1 2