Jay #1   03-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Short and sweet, if you want to see a horror movie, go by a Michael Myers one. Forget seeing this in the theatre.

If however, you want to see a quote "scary" werewolf facing down several police officers... while extending its middle finger, then by all means go see cursed.
Sam   07-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:Short and sweet, if you want to see a horror movie, go by a Michael Myers one. Forget seeing this in the theatre.

If however, you want to see a quote "scary" werewolf facing down several police officers... while extending its middle finger, then by all means go see cursed.

Just watched this. Started out ok but slowly went swirling down the crapper. Took me all of 10 minutes to figure out who the original werewolf was. Too obvious as with many movies. Really hoping this would be a good werewolf flick. Another bummer. Sad

Seeing as how Hollywood can't seem to make a better werewolf movie than the original, I'd like to see an author make THE definitive werewolf novel. Do away with the usual cliches and really scare the crap out of people. I know a great author who could do just that but I wonder how I could talk him into it?????????????? Suggestions anyone?

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Jay #1   07-27-2005, 12:42 PM
heck, if they could make a movie like that werewolf tv series I used to watch in the 5th or sixth grade, I'd be happy.

Sam Wrote:Seeing as how Hollywood can't seem to make a better werewolf movie than the original, I'd like to see an author make THE definitive werewolf novel. Do away with the usual cliches and really scare the crap out of people. I know a great author who could do just that but I wonder how I could talk him into it?????????????? Suggestions anyone?
jimbow8   07-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Jay, check out the movie Dog Soldiers if you haven't already.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
KRW   07-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:heck, if they could make a movie like that werewolf tv series I used to watch in the 5th or sixth grade, I'd be happy.

If they could make the book, "The Hyde Effect" into a movie, whoa!
That would be something to see!

KRW
Sam   07-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:heck, if they could make a movie like that werewolf tv series I used to watch in the 5th or sixth grade, I'd be happy.

:eek: Can't believe it!! Only on this board can I find someone who remembers that show. Probably the best looking werewolf ever made. Hmmm....but that was a long time ago. Need to find a site with pics to see if it was as good as I recall.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Mike   07-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Sam Wrote::eek: Can't believe it!! Only on this board can I find someone who remembers that show. Probably the best looking werewolf ever made. Hmmm....but that was a long time ago. Need to find a site with pics to see if it was as good as I recall.

I remember that show, too. Wasn't it Chuck Connors (Rifleman, Soylent Green) that played the "bad guy" werewolf in that show?
Mike   07-28-2005, 01:02 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Jay, check out the movie Dog Soldiers if you haven't already.

I have a copy of that. I thought it was pretty good compared to most of the werewolf movies out there. Still, the best werewolf change scene comes from the movie "American Werewolf in London". No CGI at that time!
Sam   07-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Mike Wrote:I remember that show, too. Wasn't it Chuck Connors (Rifleman, Soylent Green) that played the "bad guy" werewolf in that show?

I found a site for this show yesterday but most of the pics were fuzzy at best. The fx did look good though. Yeah, Chuck was the bad guy. I'd forgotten who it was but remembered the eye patch. For some reason I kept thinking it was Rutger Hauer. I don't recognize the lead actor from anything else but this show.

Agree with the AWIL transformation. Especially the "bubbling" skin. When the cop shines a light on it's face in the theater aisle...gave me a nightmare that night. Big Grin Loved it!!

Jay #1   08-04-2005, 02:50 PM
thing is I can't remember much of it it was so long ago. But it was a darkly graphic and sombre show from what I remember

Sam Wrote:I found a site for this show yesterday but most of the pics were fuzzy at best. The fx did look good though. Yeah, Chuck was the bad guy. I'd forgotten who it was but remembered the eye patch. For some reason I kept thinking it was Rutger Hauer. I don't recognize the lead actor from anything else but this show.

Agree with the AWIL transformation. Especially the "bubbling" skin. When the cop shines a light on it's face in the theater aisle...gave me a nightmare that night. Big Grin Loved it!!