Pages (3):    1 2 3   
jimbow8   03-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Lisa Wrote:Just got off the phone with Paul. After several hours, I was able to calm him down and convince him to keep writing. Can't say how much heart he'll put into any future work, though. He was pretty rattled, especially after priding himself for years on his research (see numerous past posts on the three minor cultural errors in Black Wind).

Lisa
What?!?!?! Errors in Black Wind? Somebody get me Kervorkian's number, stat!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Mr_Falcon   03-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Lisa Wrote:Just got off the phone with Paul. After several hours, I was able to calm him down and convince him to keep writing. Can't say how much heart he'll put into any future work, though. He was pretty rattled, especially after priding himself for years on his research (see numerous past posts on the three minor cultural errors in Black Wind).

Lisa
LOL !!
I have not read Black Wind. Sigh. That means yet another large credit card hit from Amazon.com as I buy yet more books. I swear I kept that stupid company in business during the stock market's internet bust.
Lisa   03-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Jim, you spelled Kevorkian wrong. Tsk tsk.

Lisa
jimbow8   03-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Lisa Wrote:Jim, you spelled Kevorkian wrong. Tsk tsk.

Lisa
You have unleashed Grammar Nazi. Let the carnage begin.

Side note: I found listings on the internet for both spellings....

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Mr_Falcon   03-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Lisa Wrote:Jim, you spelled Kevorkian wrong. Tsk tsk.

Lisa

And I'll bet he doesn't have arthritis as an excuse.
Maggers   03-15-2005, 07:05 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:You have unleashed Grammar Nazi. Let the carnage begin.

Ooohh...good thing I always keep dictionary.com open. You won't be able to get me on too many grammar issues, but spelling...well, that's another whole kettle of fish. And I find as I get older, I question how to spell things much more frequently. I'm usually correct, but I still check just to be sure -- and to keep the Grammar Nazi at bay!

Geez, now I'm going to be ultraparanoid about my posts. And I post way too much to be paranoid about them....hmmm...sounds like issues for a shrink! What do you think, Mr. Falcon?

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Mr_Falcon   03-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Paranoid? You're not actually paranoid if everyone really does criticize your spelling. In my case, I heard that at GU-4 there was a top-secret meeting whose sole agenda was to find ways to harrass me. Apparently, the CIA and FBI were involved, along with the KGB. However, I am not going to let them kick me off the board, or try to implant yet another mind-control device into my cerebral cortex. I spent a lot of money getting that last one removed.
Wink
Maggers   03-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Mr_Falcon Wrote:Paranoid? You're not actually paranoid if everyone really does criticize your spelling. In my case, I heard that at GU-4 there was a top-secret meeting whose sole agenda was to find ways to harrass me. Apparently, the CIA and FBI were involved, along with the KGB. However, I am not going to let them kick me off the board, or try to implant yet another mind-control device into my cerebral cortex. I spent a lot of money getting that last one removed.
Wink

There were secret meetings at GU4? Yikes! Now I'm REALLY paranoid! Big Grin

So far, no one has criticized my spelling - my posting ad nauseam perhaps, but not my spelling. Wink

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   03-15-2005, 07:42 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:You have unleashed Grammar Nazi. Let the carnage begin.

Side note: I found listings on the internet for both spellings....

Im' sew gladd i wus a strate A stoodent in skool! Big Grin

KWR
Biggles   03-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Mr_Falcon Wrote:Paranoid? You're not actually paranoid if everyone really does criticize your spelling. In my case, I heard that at GU-4 there was a top-secret meeting whose sole agenda was to find ways to harrass me. Apparently, the CIA and FBI were involved, along with the KGB. However, I am not going to let them kick me off the board, or try to implant yet another mind-control device into my cerebral cortex. I spent a lot of money getting that last one removed.
Wink

I have a client in whose eyes the police (or the Russians or CIA, the story changes) planted tiny cameras to keep track of his every move. He makes faint clicking sounds when he talks (TMJ? I THINK NOT!). Oh, and he's informed me that years ago the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the public intoxication law doesn't apply to him (I couldn't find the case on Westlaw, but I'm sure I will). As far as the secret meetings that we had---er---I mean that we allegedly had at GU-4: a) they never took place; b) I wasn't there when they weren't taking place; and c) you can't prove they ever took place, even if they did, which they didn't. You have my word as an attorney.

Wink

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Pages (3):    1 2 3