Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7   
Biggles   03-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Medusa Wrote:By 'Burgh, is that meaning Pittsburgh, cause that is where my father is from.

The 'Burgh is Pittsburgh, as we locals affectionately call it. Have you ever been there?

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Weatherford   03-19-2005, 12:05 PM
OK - so I signed up (re-signed up?) and got the window telling me to check my email and respond accordingly...

Problem is, it's been over an hour and there is no email message.

:confused:
Weatherford   03-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Ha! IT came to my eircom (Irish) email address ! Thank you!

But I never got a reply from my US email address signup... Oh well, not to worry since I have it anyway.

Thanks Big Grin
Biggles   03-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Weatherford Wrote:Ha! IT came to my eircom (Irish) email address ! Thank you!

But I never got a reply from my US email address signup... Oh well, not to worry since I have it anyway.

Thanks Big Grin

So ye Micks got it and we didn't? Ye already live in the most beautiful place in the world. What else do ye want? Big Grin

Weatherford   03-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Biggles Wrote:So ye Micks got it and we didn't? Ye already live in the most beautiful place in the world. What else do ye want? Big Grin

maybe for it to stop raining here in Galway :p (just moved here from Tipperary - which, truly, is God's country...but I couldn't find a rental with land for the horses, so I am in Galway now...) Wink
Maggers   03-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Weatherford Wrote:maybe for it to stop raining here in Galway :p (just moved here from Tipperary - which, truly, is God's country...but I couldn't find a rental with land for the horses, so I am in Galway now...) Wink

Either way sounds like heaven to me! Smile

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Biggles   03-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Weatherford Wrote:maybe for it to stop raining here in Galway :p (just moved here from Tipperary - which, truly, is God's country...but I couldn't find a rental with land for the horses, so I am in Galway now...) Wink

Well I'll bet you a pint that a rainy day anywhere in Ireland is prettier than one anywhere in Chicagoland. It's cold and rainy right now. Sad

Annice Burdeos   03-23-2005, 09:23 PM
fpw Wrote:I sent out the Feb-March newsletter on the 10th, but I think -- think -- the program quit after 310 mailings. Are there any subscribers here who didn't get it? I don't want to do a second mailing, but if only 310 received it, that means a couple of thousand didn't.

Regarding the newsletter, I did indeed receive it a couple of days ago
Weatherford   03-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Biggles Wrote:Well I'll bet you a pint that a rainy day anywhere in Ireland is prettier than one anywhere in Chicagoland. It's cold and rainy right now. Sad

Yeah, you are probably right - if I remember correctly (from my one and only time in Chicago area), it is ALWAYS cold and miserable! Wink
Mike   03-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Weatherford Wrote:Yeah, you are probably right - if I remember correctly (from my one and only time in Chicago area), it is ALWAYS cold and miserable! Wink

Except during the summer when it is hot, humid, sticky and miserable. I spent a few summers there with relatives when I was a child. I also lived there for a year when my dad went to Viet Nam so I know that Chicago is capable of both extremes!
Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7