maigen_obx   03-07-2005, 02:42 PM
The Tomb
Legacies
Conspiracies
All the Rage
Hosts
The Haunted Air

I decided to go with the order on the card pages and website, seemed like the easiest. I haven't read any of the Adversary Cycle yet, except for the The Tomb. I really like Jack. These books are great. Also, why are the few books that the stores actually have, in the horror section as opposed to the scifi or mystery section? I am looking forward to the Adverary Cycle, but I think I'm going to have to Amazon them since, I think I bought all the F. Paul Wilson books in my neighborhood. That's really sad since there are 2 huge bookstores and 2 small bookstores within a couple of miles of me. Why is the horror section always the first to be shorted? That's a whole other thread though.

Lisa2

"Andais had broken one of my cardinal rules for sex. No matter how careful you are, you can end up pregnant. Thats what sex is designed to do, after all. So, never sleep with anyone who is mean or stupid and ugly is a judgment call because all three may breed true." - Meredith Princess of Flesh and Blood
jimbow8   03-07-2005, 03:50 PM
maigen_obx Wrote:Also, why are the few books that the stores actually have, in the horror section as opposed to the scifi or mystery section? I am looking forward to the Adverary Cycle, but I think I'm going to have to Amazon them since, I think I bought all the F. Paul Wilson books in my neighborhood. That's really sad since there are 2 huge bookstores and 2 small bookstores within a couple of miles of me. Why is the horror section always the first to be shorted? That's a whole other thread though.

Lisa2
Basically, the books are in the horror section for reasons which will become clear when you read the Adversary Cycle.

Welcome (back) to the board.

Jim

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Terry Willacker   03-07-2005, 04:49 PM
After, I read all the FPW books in the new and used bookstores in Cincinnati - this was before Gateways was published - I went online to get 10 more.