Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Marc   03-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Paige Wrote:have you see "the body?"

That's in season five so he should be getting up to it soon.
Terry Willacker   03-07-2005, 03:37 PM
I agree. I also think the series is way better than the movie. Buffy and Angel are the only scifi on TV that I think are as good or better than Trek TOS & DS9 and Babylon 5.
Jay #1   03-07-2005, 04:13 PM
The one part of the whole series that I missed. Was the final episode of season 7. Dang it! lol and right now there are other things like pesky bills to spend money on

jimbow8 Wrote:Scariest hour of television I have ever seen. Period. Scarier than most theatrical movies.
Alan   03-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:The one part of the whole series that I missed. Was the final episode of season 7. Dang it! lol and right now there are other things like pesky bills to spend money on
I think Netflix gives you your first month free, so that's a low to no cost option. And I've seen season 7 for rent at Hollywood Video too.
Alan   03-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Mick C. Wrote:I have to confess, I was one of the few people on the planet who never saw any episodes of this when it was on network TV.

I've been working my way through the boxed DVD sets and really, really enjoying it. I'm watching an episode a day (or two). (I just finished season 4). This was a very well written, well-plotted, well-acted series. I love the way small plot points reappear later and throwaway characters return.

I'll be sorry when I run out of episodes. Maybe I'll start on Angel then.
I was the same way. Liked the movie but no interest in the TV show. Then last August I start catching a few minutes of the show before work every morning, decide to give it a try and was hooked. I finished Buffy up in December and just finished the first disc of Angel season 5 this last Saturday. Giving Angel a try was a good move on my part. Lorne, introduced in the first episode of season 2, is just too much fun. Now if they can just give Faith or Spike or Willow their own show I'll be happy.
jimbow8   03-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Alan Wrote:I think Netflix gives you your first month free, so that's a low to no cost option. And I've seen season 7 for rent at Hollywood Video too.
Netflix is excellent for watching TV shows. You can watch them at your leisure and return them when you want. Unfortunately each disc counts as one rental, not the entire box set. They also tend to split double-sided discs into two separate discs. Of course, it still beats spending $40-$60 (on average) to buy each season of a show that you probably won't ever rewatch.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Paige   03-07-2005, 06:16 PM
I think one of the mistakes people make with "buffy" is that they dismiss it as childish teen drama. It's not. Much like graphic novel writers get dismissed because comics are just for kids.

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman
Maggers   03-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Marc B. Wrote:If you're enjoying the series I recommend avoiding the movie at all cost. The best way to describe the movie is that it is about 100x more cheesy than the first season.

I saw the movie in 1992, 13 years ago and 5 years before Buffy the TV series saw the light of day. I still contend that the film, taken on its own, is a fun piece of bubble gum vampire slaying, tongue in cheek, and with, yes, a cheesy performance by Donald Sutherland, whom I love. I suffered no permanent injury as a result of having seen the film.

I can understand that if you've seen and loved the series and have no ken of the film, the movie could be a letdown, since the tone and style of each is so very different.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   03-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Maggers Wrote:I saw the movie in 1992, 13 years ago and 5 years before Buffy the TV series saw the light of day. I still contend that the film, taken on its own, is a fun piece of bubble gum vampire slaying, tongue in cheek, and with, yes, a cheesy performance by Donald Sutherland, whom I love. I suffered no permanent injury as a result of having seen the film.

I can understand that if you've seen and loved the series and have no ken of the film, the movie could be a letdown, since the tone and style of each is so very different.
Paul Reubens (aka Pee-Wee Herrman) rocks in that movie!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Mick C.   03-08-2005, 01:50 AM
Marc B. Wrote:That's in season five so he should be getting up to it soon.

I just picked up the Season 5 DVD set today. Watched "Buffy Vs. Dracula". Xander's declaration at the end cracked me up, as did Spike's airy dismissal of the Count.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Pages (3):    1 2 3