jimbow8   02-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Comments on Desperation from Stephen King
Posted 23 February 2005

I ordinarily don’t comment far in advance on films based on my work, especially TV films, but in the case of Desperation I am going to make an exception because my old partner in crime, Mick Garris, has produced an extraordinary piece of work, and the ensemble cast is outstanding. Ron Perlman as Collie Entragian will haunt your dreams. You might want to consider making time in May (tentative) for this one, which is when ABC plans to run it.

One word of warning: this is TV and it’s impossible to tell in advance how much of a given piece of work will be cut. The version of Desperation I saw was graphic and very frightening. This may make the network uneasy.

Stephen King

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Desperation Updates
Posted 3 February 2005

Desperation is now in Post-Production, but there is still no firm date set.
Director Mick Garris recently sent us some exclusive pictures from the set of Desperation, click here to check them out.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   03-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Ron Perlman as Collie Entragian !? Wow!!! That's too cool!

I saw his exclusive pictures. Well, now I must see it! Big Grin

So.....what about Regulators? I wanna see Regulators TV film.
jimbow8   03-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Kenji Wrote:Ron Perlman as Collie Entragian !? Wow!!! That's too cool!

I saw his exclusive pictures. Well, now I must see it! Big Grin

So.....what about Regulators? I wanna see Regulators TV film.
I haven't heard anything about a Regulators movie.

But http://www.stephenking.com does list these two future projects:

movies
The Talisman: Currently in pre-production. This movie is slated for theatrical release in 2005, but no date has been set.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bag of Bones: The story has been optioned, but no further information is currently available.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
Kenji   03-01-2005, 10:32 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I haven't heard anything about a Regulators movie.

But http://www.stephenking.com does list these two future projects:

movies
The Talisman: Currently in pre-production. This movie is slated for theatrical release in 2005, but no date has been set.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bag of Bones: The story has been optioned, but no further information is currently available.

I heard about The Talisman the movie. It must be great movie. I guess Stevie Parker is Morgan Freeman!

Bag of Bones......Movie? or TV? Anyway I want to see it too.
jimbow8   03-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Kenji Wrote:I heard about The Talisman the movie. It must be great movie. I guess Stevie Parker is Morgan Freeman!

Bag of Bones......Movie? or TV? Anyway I want to see it too.
I hope it is a movie. I think Bag of Bones was a really good book and would translate well to the screen.

Medusa   03-01-2005, 10:59 AM
The Talisman would be cool too but I don't see how they could squeeze all that into a movie. But it would be "God-Pounding" good!
Desperation should be awesome. Ron Perlman as Collie! Bestill my heart. He's great! Remember him as Jonner in Alien Resurection. As Kenji said I wonder if they plan to do the Regulators. That was weird to read that after Desperation. Had to get used to the characters in a whole new way.
Kenji   03-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Medusa Wrote:As Kenji said I wonder if they plan to do the Regulators. That was weird to read that after Desperation. Had to get used to the characters in a whole new way.

That's why I said about it. Big Grin

Those two books were interesting. Desperation is silence thriller. Very dark and weird. On the other hand, Regulators is action horror. Character's names are same. But they were different persons. I like both books.
cyber-jack   03-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Last word on The Talisman was that there was no director lined up and no production start date. This movie is suffering through the same development fiasco that the RJ movie has endured. Steven Spielberg had the original rights to make The Talisman as a four hour miniseries for ABC. I don't know if that is still the case or not, but I doubt we see this anytime before 2010.

On a King side note, The Colorado Kid will be published in November. Here are the details:

The Colorado Kid