Kenji   02-27-2005, 11:40 AM
If you wanna feel a thrill, I highly recommend this movie to you.

While I'm watching movie, my adrenalin ran fast in my body. Especially, opening scene surprised me! :eek: At present suspense movies, those require cell phone. In this movie, "Cellular" was cell phone was most important stuff. Speaking of phone, I saw another thrilling suspense movie, "Phone Booth", "Murder for Dial M", "Knight Moves", "Nick of Time".....also those were good suspense movies.

Oh, btw, Kim Basinger is back! Her frightened face, I felt it real. But in this movie, Chris Evans as Ryan, he was good. What a kind guy! Big Grin
Maggers   02-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Kenji Wrote:If you wanna feel a thrill, I highly recommend this movie to you.

While I'm watching movie, my adrenalin ran fast in my body. Especially, opening scene surprised me! :eek: At present suspense movies, those require cell phone. In this movie, "Cellular" was cell phone was most important stuff. Speaking of phone, I saw another thrilling suspense movie, "Phone Booth", "Murder for Dial M", "Knight Moves", "Nick of Time".....also those were good suspense movies.

Oh, btw, Kim Basinger is back! Her frightened face, I felt it real. But in this movie, Chris Evans as Ryan, he was good. What a kind guy! Big Grin

I haven't seen "Cellular" yet; I'll check it out on Netflix, Kenji.

I didn't care for "Phone Booth."

Hitchcock's "Dial M for Murder" is a classic. Grace Kelly was at her best.

I was just talking about "Nick of Time" with a friend the other day. I enjoyed that movie. How could you go wrong with Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken!

I haven't seen "Knight Moves." It stars Christopher Lambert, right?

I did love "Night Moves" (1975), starring Gene Hackman and the underrated Jennifer Warren. I haven't seen it in a while, but it's on my Netflix list to view again. It's a good private eye (private investigator) movie and complicated murder mystery directed by Arthur Penn.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Scott Hajek   02-27-2005, 01:21 PM
We recently rented this movie and really enjoyed it. But, I must say I found the movie hilarious! I was laughing during the whole movie at the ever growing list of felonies committed by the main character. Somehow, I don't think the good samaritan law would cover what he did. And his car insurance would never cover the mayhem he produced. But, it is a fun movie.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Kenji   02-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Maggers Wrote:I haven't seen "Cellular" yet; I'll check it out on Netflix, Kenji.

You should. It was high tension suspense movie. You will like it.

Quote:I didn't care for "Phone Booth."

I also recommend it. This is 80-minutes movie. What are short! :eek:

Quote:Hitchcock's "Dial M for Murder" is a classic. Grace Kelly was at her best.

Oops! Did I say "Murder for Dial M"? :p Correctly, is it "Dial M for Murder"? I got it. Wink

Quote:I was just talking about "Nick of Time" with a friend the other day. I enjoyed that movie. How could you go wrong with Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken!

Yeah, director John Badham made a lot of movies. This is absolutely his best 3. Of course, best 1 is Saturday night Fever. Best 2 is War Games, btw.

Quote:I haven't seen "Knight Moves." It stars Christopher Lambert, right?

Right! Christopher Lambert and Diane Lane.

Quote:I did love "Night Moves" (1975), starring Gene Hackman and the underrated Jennifer Warren. I haven't seen it in a while, but it's on my Netflix list to view again. It's a good private eye (private investigator) movie and complicated murder mystery directed by Arthur Penn.

Hmmmm....................I don't remember it. I like Gene Hackman, nevertheless, I can't remember. Sad His best movie is French Connection.
Kenji   02-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:We recently rented this movie and really enjoyed it. But, I must say I found the movie hilarious! I was laughing during the whole movie at the ever growing list of felonies committed by the main character. Somehow, I don't think the good samaritan law would cover what he did. And his car insurance would never cover the mayhem he produced. But, it is a fun movie.

Yeah! That's right! Especially, the lawer..... Big Grin That was hilarious!
Maggers   02-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Kenji Wrote:Hmmmm....................I don't remember it. I like Gene Hackman, nevertheless, I can't remember. Sad His best movie is French Connection.

The 1975 movie "Night Moves" also stars a very young, quite wonderful Melanie Griffith. It's a cool movie.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd