Pages (2):    1 2
Jay #1   03-01-2005, 05:27 PM
*sigh* Well, my thing is, no matter how corny the plot I still like the superhero.

There was a horror/mystery (one genre, not two) writer who changed his name to write a unique fantasy story about a modern day non-costumed rich crimefighter in a world where crime fighters only existed in the comics. He walked in dress shoes with steel toes, and a tailored suit. Never used a car. There were indications that under extreme stress he had super strength, but for the most part he was just an ordinary guy. He didn't even have any martial arts skills. Now, granted, what I'm saying has just improved the plot somewhat. The name of this character was Jericho Dove. He burned out when he discovered that it was literally a thankless job... and sometimes people hated him for stepping in.... then he threw in the weird plot twist where another world exists online with our own... some weird individuals came on him and took him away because they needed a hero. So off he went to save the day, and get the woman

The title of this book was "Spear of The Woodchuck" I could be wrong on the last word in the title.

fpw Wrote:Saw it yesterday. I used to read the comics but I had the same reaction to those as to the film: I didn't care if John Constantine lived or died. And when that character is in every shot of the film, that's a problem.

Gabriel was way cool but Satan...as the embodiment of evil in the universe, I would have liked just a liiiiittle more gravitas. (That sentence is a syntactical mess, but you get my drift.)
Annice Burdeos   03-03-2005, 07:32 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I haven't seen Constantine YET, but your statement above makes me ask whether you have seen The Prophecy with Christopher Walken, Eric Stoltz, Elias Koteas. I thought that was a very interesting interpretation also.

I have not seen this film in its entirety

So I'll have to take a look next time it's on cable
Kenji   04-17-2005, 06:47 AM
Today, I went to see Constantine.

I REALLY REALLY enjoyed this film. It blew me out. Looked like a "Matlix + Exorcist". I don't know much about Christianity. But I enjoyed it as action movie.

A few years ago I saw "Dogma" by Kevin Smith. That was comedy, but this "Constantine" is hard action. God, Satan, Gabriel, Angels, Lucifer, human......almost same characters appeared in both movies. Nevertheless, both movies are completely different. "Dogma" and "Constantine", which one do you like? Smile

Check this link. Keanu Reeves visited to Japan for publicity. This is his interview.

KEANU REEVES INTERVIEW

And, Keanu Reeves, Rachel Weisz, Francis Lawrence(director), they visited to Japan.
This is an article about it.

Keanu Reeves,Rachel Weisz, F.Lawrence

Major Spoiler.........(You have to highlight the below message to see it)
By the way, when you see movies, will you see end credit? I always see till end credit. In this movie, after the end credit, Chaz revived as an Angel, that scene was wonderful. That was one of my favorite scenes. It was touching. Smile
This post was last modified: 04-17-2005, 09:21 AM by Kenji.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Marc B. Wrote:It was clear at the END. That's my argument. If someone is the main villian I prefer the character to be in the film a little more than five minutes in the first 1/4 of the film.

But it was still a fun film. Just wished they'd gone for more camp (like it became) or stayed moody (like it was in the beginning). Or evenly mix it.

SPOILER THREAD...good name for a band! :p
Scott Miller   07-16-2005, 05:09 PM
One word: weak. I barely managed to make it to the end despite some nifty visuals, the bug demon in particular is cool. I've never read Hellblazer, but Constantine has been in several other books so I'm familiar enough with him to know that was not a good adaptation. And Keanu, what can you say except that Tony gives him credit for 2 facial expressions which is .5 too many. You've got scowl and semi-scowl.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Biggles   07-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:One word: weak. I barely managed to make it to the end despite some nifty visuals, the bug demon in particular is cool. I've never read Hellblazer, but Constantine has been in several other books so I'm familiar enough with him to know that was not a good adaptation. And Keanu, what can you say except that Tony gives him credit for 2 facial expressions which is .5 too many. You've got scowl and semi-scowl.

Don't forget "Whoa" dude! That's a third facial expression, which is still about 10 fewer than my Pug has.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Biggles   07-16-2005, 08:38 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I haven't seen Constantine YET, but your statement above makes me ask whether you have seen The Prophecy with Christopher Walken, Eric Stoltz, Elias Koteas. I thought that was a very interesting interpretation also.

I really enjoyed Prophesy, but then I love Christopher Walken (ever since "The Dogs of War").

Gotta have more cowbell! Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Pages (2):    1 2