Scott Miller   02-19-2005, 02:22 AM
I just finished watching a fantastic flight of fancy, The Cat Returns.. A wild, thrilling ride through a brilliantly realized world of cats make this essential viewing. The filmmakers imaginations were fully-dilated on this one. Miyazaki didn't make it, but he was involved and the same excellent production value is present here as you find on his films; it is a visual feast. And it is kid-friendly in the extreme-both my kids loved it, but not as much as I did. And the voice talent is a cut above with people like Peter Boyle, Elliot Gould, Cary Elwes, Tim Curry, Andy Richter and Anne Hathaway.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Kenji   02-19-2005, 04:27 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:I just finished watching a fantastic flight of fancy, The Cat Returns.. A wild, thrilling ride through a brilliantly realized world of cats make this essential viewing. The filmmakers imaginations were fully-dilated on this one. Miyazaki didn't make it, but he was involved and the same excellent production value is present here as you find on his films; it is a visual feast. And it is kid-friendly in the extreme-both my kids loved it, but not as much as I did. And the voice talent is a cut above with people like Peter Boyle, Elliot Gould, Cary Elwes, Tim Curry, Andy Richter and Anne Hathaway.

The Cat Returns.........? Is it American title of "Neko no Ongaeshi"? That's interesting. and, voice talent is Elliot Gould? Tim Curry? That's fabulous! In animation, one of important factors are voice talent. Sometimes I really think so.
Scott Miller   02-19-2005, 07:26 AM
Kenji Wrote:The Cat Returns.........? Is it American title of "Neko no Ongaeshi"? That's interesting. and, voice talent is Elliot Gould? Tim Curry? That's fabulous! In animation, one of important factors are voice talent. Sometimes I really think so.

It is indeed Neko no Ongaeshi and I agree whole-heartedly about the voice talent being critical. That is why Mel Blanc is a personal hero of mine; there is no doubt that he is the primary reason we all know and love the Looney Tunes.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels