Tony H   02-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Do we really need this remake?

I was a little more than perturbed when I saw this trailer when I went to watch Boogeyman. The sad fact is though, this trailer was more frightening than the movie that followed it.

My main problem with the remake is that the entire series of events that the Lutz family endured in real life which prompted the book and movie was proven a hoax. The family was simply in over their heads with the mortgage and concocted an outlandish tale to break the agreement and make a little cash on the side.

The current owners of the home as well as any family that occupied it after the Lutz have never reported any paranormal activity. How could this be though? The Lutz went on record to state that the evil in the house, which was spawned by the true crime of Ronnie Defeo killing his entire family in the house a before the Lutz family took up residence there, followed them to their new home on the west coast.

So my question is, why would hollywood market the movie as a true story when it is documented that NO paranormal activity transpired and tat the true horror existed only in the mids of the creative and financially bankrupt Lutz family?

Will this open up the door for the Amityville II: The Possession remake and Amityville 3-D reamke?

Will I still see this movie? Yes. Because I am a sucker and the studios know it. Will I bitch afterwards? Absolutely.
Sam   02-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Uh...how do they plan on making this new version any scarier than the original??? Darker lighting? A better score? James Earl Jones as the voice of the house?!?!?!
I think that remakes should be done for films that could have been great had it not been for poor FX or lousy acting. I'd like to see someone take a real stinker of a flick and make it great. Release it as a 2-disc "before and after" dvd. I can think of one that we would all like to see remade. Maybe a certain director and writer could discuss it???

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Mike   02-16-2005, 11:44 PM
undefinedundefinedundefined
AsMoral Wrote:Do we really need this remake?

I was a little more than perturbed when I saw this trailer when I went to watch Boogeyman. The sad fact is though, this trailer was more frightening than the movie that followed it.

My main problem with the remake is that the entire series of events that the Lutz family endured in real life which prompted the book and movie was proven a hoax. The family was simply in over their heads with the mortgage and concocted an outlandish tale to break the agreement and make a little cash on the side.

The current owners of the home as well as any family that occupied it after the Lutz have never reported any paranormal activity. How could this be though? The Lutz went on record to state that the evil in the house, which was spawned by the true crime of Ronnie Defeo killing his entire family in the house a before the Lutz family took up residence there, followed them to their new home on the west coast.

So my question is, why would hollywood market the movie as a true story when it is documented that NO paranormal activity transpired and tat the true horror existed only in the mids of the creative and financially bankrupt Lutz family?

Will this open up the door for the Amityville II: The Possession remake and Amityville 3-D reamke?

Will I still see this movie? Yes. Because I am a sucker and the studios know it. Will I bitch afterwards? Absolutely.

Hollywood will market this as a true story just to make a fast buck because they know they can draw enough people in to go see it. The only way we can stop this is by not going to see this crap. They will stop only when it becomes unprofitable for them. I know this is easier said than done. I, too, am drawn to crap like this like a moth is to the flame. This time, however, I am forcing myself not to go see this. Be Strong!
Gerald Rice   02-17-2005, 10:25 AM
AsMoral Wrote:Do we really need this remake?

I have another reason it shouldn't be remade: it was boring. I tried watching this on one of the premium channels a couple months ago and I had to keep changing it. It takes so long before anything happens. And the whole evil-that-is-susceptible-to-crosses concept is SO overdone. I'd just as soon prefer something I haven't seen a thousand times before.
Tony H   02-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Gerald Rice Wrote:I have another reason it shouldn't be remade: it was boring. I tried watching this on one of the premium channels a couple months ago and I had to keep changing it. It takes so long before anything happens. And the whole evil-that-is-susceptible-to-crosses concept is SO overdone. I'd just as soon prefer something I haven't seen a thousand times before.

I will have to disagree with you in regards to the original. That movie still ranks as one of my favorite horror movies. It does contain it's special blend of fromage` but what movie in the 70's didn't? But then again, that's just my opinion.

Tony
Gerald Rice   02-18-2005, 05:24 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I will have to disagree with you in regards to the original. That movie still ranks as one of my favorite horror movies. It does contain it's special blend of fromage` but what movie in the 70's didn't? But then again, that's just my opinion.

Tony

Oh, yeah, what is your avatar? It looks like a cross between Animal and Mr. Beaker from the Muppet Show.
Tony H   02-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Gerald Rice Wrote:Oh, yeah, what is your avatar? It looks like a cross between Animal and Mr. Beaker from the Muppet Show.

That is Pepe` the King Prawn. The best Muppet character ever.