Mike   01-25-2005, 03:22 PM
undefinedundefinedundefined

Didn't his sidekick (i.e. dick cheney) play Nosferatu in that old silent film?
Maybe that was his dad. Like father like son when it comes to bloodbaths.
Biggles   01-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Kenji Wrote:I didn't know that he was actor. Big Grin

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0124133/

Have you ever seen his movies?

Ahem. Love him or hate him, one thing GWB isn't is an actor. I don't agree with everything he says or does, but I've been around lots of politicians for over a quarter century (and hated most and tolerated most of the remaining ones). I don't detect a shred of dishonesty in GWB, and for that I respect him.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
jimbow8   01-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Biggles Wrote:Ahem. Love him or hate him, one thing GWB isn't is an actor. I don't agree with everything he says or does, but I've been around lots of politicians for over a quarter century (and hated most and tolerated most of the remaining ones). I don't detect a shred of dishonesty in GWB, and for that I respect him.
I have no doubt that he believes what he says, but I don't.
This post was last modified: 01-25-2005, 05:43 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Mr_Falcon   01-25-2005, 06:10 PM
One of the funny things I read recently was the reasons GWB did not like Farenheit 9/11. I do not remember all of them, but one is relevant here:

1- I didn't like the actor who played me in the movie.
Maggers   01-25-2005, 06:25 PM
Biggles Wrote:I don't detect a shred of dishonesty in GWB, and for that I respect him.

Yes, he is honestly dumb.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   01-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Maggers Wrote:Yes, he is honestly dumb.

In my estimation, he has intelligence -- he just doesn't have any wisdom.

Ken V.
Maggers   01-26-2005, 12:19 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:In my estimation, he has intelligence -- he just doesn't have any wisdom.

Ken V.

That may be so, but I have difficulty with his chronic mispronunciations and his general all round inability to speak extemporaneously and sound intelligent. If you're in public life, be prepared to speak publicly and do it well. Just my opinion.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   01-26-2005, 12:37 AM
Maggers Wrote:That may be so, but I have difficulty with his chronic mispronunciations and his general all round inability to speak extemporaneously and sound intelligent. If you're in public life, be prepared to speak publicly and do it well. Just my opinion.

Public speakers don't have to speak well to capture the heart, it's more emotion. In NO way does this statment make me a Bush supporter!

KRW
Ken Valentine   01-26-2005, 01:11 AM
Maggers Wrote:That may be so, but I have difficulty with his chronic mispronunciations and his general all round inability to speak extemporaneously and sound intelligent. If you're in public life, be prepared to speak publicly and do it well. Just my opinion.

I have difficulty with EVERYTHING about him. I just don't think he's as stupid as most people seem to think. Evil ... yes. Stupid ... no.

"It may be true that you cannot fool all of the people all of the time, but you can always fool enough of them to rule a large country."
Will and Ariel Durant

Ken V.
cyber-jack   01-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I have difficulty with EVERYTHING about him. I just don't think he's as stupid as most people seem to think. Evil ... yes. Stupid ... no.

"It may be true that you cannot fool all of the people all of the time, but you can always fool enough of them to rule a large country."
Will and Ariel Durant

Ken V.

I think he's the Anti-Christ and I have a problem with EVERYTHING about him as well. The news today about his administration having paid off select journalists to promote some of his policies should be a big red flag for anybody still convinced of his so called honesty and integrity.